epilogue: seongjoong

twelve years later...

"papa, daddy's home!" aecha screamed out to hongjoong when she heard the front door open, the little girl sprinting to attack her father with hugs and kisses.

"hi cha cha." seonghwa said as he rubbed his daughter's back lovingly, smiling before leaning down and giving the girl a quick kiss on the cheek.

"seongie, you're home!" hongjoong cheered as he ran up to seonghwa and planted a kiss on his cheek, their son in his arms.

"yep, i'm home!" seonghwa smiled before making grabby hands for their baby, "give me baby haneul, i missed him so much!" seonghwa said before grabbing the baby and holding him in his arms, attacking the boy's chubby cheeks with tons of kisses.

"how was work today?" hongjoong asked as he grabbed onto his daughter's hand.

"it was great, actually. i swear, those kids are too precious for this world." seonghwa answered as he turned around and shut the front door of their house, walking inside the home and straight for the bathroom to clean up from his long day at work.

in the past twelve years of seonghwa and hongjoong's relationship, many things have happened between the two of them. after becoming boyfriends, they decided to go very public with their relationship; seonghwa showing hongjoong off at every school event, family gathering, and public outing they ever went to.

the two boys were practically attached at the hip; if you were looking for hongjoong, you would find seonghwa as well and vice versa.

after graduating high school, seonghwa decided to attend medical school. he never planned on becoming a doctor, but after meeting hongjoong, his perspective of live changed completely.

seonghwa decided to become a pediatrician, but more specifically, a developmental pediatrician doctor. developmental pediatricians are experts in the management of autistic spectrum disorders, developmental delays, learning disabilities, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders and even more for children in need. his goal in life was to help treat people with learning and behavior issues; people just like his precious hongjoong.

hongjoong ended up never attending college, the rigorous school work that came along with it being way too much for him to handle. instead, he ended up getting a job at his favorite ice cream parlor. he worked there for a few years, making good friends with many of his coworkers and customers. he always had a blast, making sure to tell seonghwa about all the fun experiences he had while working each and every day.

hongjoong ended up quitting after seonghwa proposed to him. after five years of dating, seonghwa knew it was time to put a ring on his perfect boyfriend's finger.

only a year later, hongjoong and seonghwa ended up getting married. their wedding was at a beautiful hall, the room lit up with thousands of dollars worth of fairy lights and jewels. hongjoong chose jongho as his best man and seonghwa chose san, not forgetting to add wooyoung, yeosang, yunho and mingi in their wedding party.

seonghwa let hongjoong choose the wedding color and hongjoong decided on red, feeling like the color was the only appropriate one to use. after all these years, the boy was still obsessed with strawberry's. at their wedding party, the two boys danced all night long with their friends and family surrounding them. it was truly the definition of a fairytale wedding.

they ended up going to fiji for their honeymoon, seonghwa choosing the destination for the two of them. they were able to relax on the beautiful beaches of the island for a whole two weeks, traveling around and visiting some breathtaking sites that they'd never get to see any other time of their lives.