chapter twenty eight

once midnight neared, san began growing a bit impatient for his friend to show up.

"does jongho always stay out this late?" san groaned a bit too loudly, quickly getting shushed by seonghwa who was sitting at the other end of the couch.

"shh! hongjoong is sleeping, don't wake him up you asshole." seonghwa whispered, patting hongjoong's head laying on his lap.

"sorry, don't want to disturb your boyfriend's beauty rest." san laughed and seonghwa tensed up, not liking the word 'boyfriend' being used in his comeback.

"don't call him my boyfriend, he is not my boyfriend." seonghwa growled, emphasizing the word 'not' as he spoke.

"bro it's just a joke, relax." san replies, putting his hands up in defense.

"well if you're making jokes about hongjoong being my boyfriend, i should be allowed to make jokes about wooyoung being your boyfriend. like seriously, do you think i'm blind? i saw everything that was going on between you two." seonghwa smirked as he spoke and san waved him off.

"no way. he was just infatuated with me, which is very understandable. and i'm not going to lie, the boy was fucking adorable. how could i resist?" san questioned, putting his hand on his heart to add dramatics to the situation.

"so you felt the need to cuddle with him throughout the entire movie, even giving him a kiss on the cheek when his mom came to pick him up?" seonghwa said with wide eyes. san quickly stood and and walked over to where seonghwa was sitting on the couch.

"do not make fun of me for cuddling wooyoung when you literally have hongjoong sleeping on your lap! you guys were under a blanket for the entire movie, how am i supposed to know what you two did under there." san defended himself, giving seonghwa a suspicious look as he spoke. seonghwa's face turned red in embarrassment after registering what san meant by his statement.

"ew, stop it! he's a child, don't talk about him like that. and what, should i have told him 'oh no hongjoong, i won't go under the blanket with you!'?" seonghwa whisper screamed to the boy standing in front of him.

"yes! you could've said exactly that!" san laughed hard, causing seonghwa to slump back in his seat.

"i hate when you're right." seonghwa crossed his arms and san shrugged.

"it's what i do best." san cockily said as he threw his body back in his spot, taking his phone out to play games while he waited for jongho to return home.

after another half an hour, jongho walked in the front door of his house with ease.

"finally, he emerges!" san exclaimed, standing up and throwing his arms in the air.

"again, shh! hongjoong's still asleep, you're so goddamn loud." seonghwa hushed the boy who mouthed a quiet 'sorry' in response.

"oh wow, hwa. he's sleeping on your lap, sorry about that." jongho stood awkwardly, knowing that hongjoong might get the wrong impression if he knew what he was doing in that exact moment.

seonghwa quickly shook his head, "nah, don't worry about it. he wasn't bothering me at all and he looked exhausted, i wanted him to get some good rest."

"well if you say so..." jongho furrowed his brows a bit before opening his wallet, "here you go, one hundred each."

"that's it? after all the work i did?" san complained and seonghwa laughed at him.

"you mean after all the flirting you did?" seonghwa winked at san who gave him a look, but sadly it was too late for the boy.

"he did what now!?" jongho screamed a little too loud, making hongjoong stir in his sleep.