chapter thirty two

after thinking about it all weekend, seonghwa knew there was nothing he could possibly do to change his mind.

he liked hongjoong, and he had to accept it.

seonghwa liked everything about the boy, and he hates that he ever denied the feelings he had for the younger.

even though he drank more than he ever had in his entire life, seonghwa remembered everything that happened at san's party; the most important being that he admitted his feelings for hongjoong to yunho. and even though he was very intoxicated, seonghwa also remembered what yunho said about his crush on mingi.

him and yunho hadn't talked about what was said between the two of them since saturday night, both of them being too afraid to be the first one to text about the situation.

on monday morning, seonghwa realized someone needed to be the first to break the ice or nothing would ever be said about what went down in san's room. he ran up to yunho's locker before classes started to discuss the events, ignoring his obvious increasing heart rate as he approached the taller boy.

"so... let's address the elephant in the room." seonghwa began suddenly speaking, causing yunho's heart to drop immediately.

"um, w-what elephant? i don't see any elephants in the hallway, am i missing something?" yunho nervously looked around, pretending like he had no idea what seonghwa was talking about.

"yunho, now's not the time for jokes. you know exactly what i'm talking about." seonghwa gave him a look and yunho rolled his eyes, closing his locker quietly and turning his body to his serious looking friend.

"let's.... let's just forget what i said about you know who, i must've been way too wasted to realize what i was saying." yunho tried defending himself but seonghwa shook his head, knowing it was a complete lie.

"yunho, you didn't drink. i know because you drove us home, and you never really drink anyway." seonghwa put his hand on yunho's shoulder and yunho shuddered under the boy's touch.

"seonghwa, we shouldn't be speaking about this right now. what if," yunho looked around, "what if he hears us?"

"he won't, he's over there talking to jongho about some weird ass alien movie he watched last night." seonghwa stated, rolling his eyes in the process. yunho giggled, nodding his head up and down rapidly.

"sounds like mingi." yunho smiled widely while thinking of the boy.

"you got that right. but listen, if you said you like mingi, you must obviously like the boy. you wouldn't just lie about it. i spent way too long denying my feelings for hongjoong, but i've finally come to terms with the fact that i like him. i don't want you to make the same mistakes that i did." seonghwa explained to yunho and yunho sighed loudly, leaning his body against the row of lockers they were standing by.

"but you don't understand, seonghwa! your situation is so different from mine. you barely knew hongjoong until jongho asked you to babysit him for the first time, and you already knew he liked you! for me, i've been friends with mingi since forever... and the boy is straight! we've been friends for so long, and he doesn't even know i'm gay! how do you think he'll react when he finds out his best friend is gay and has a big ass crush on him?" yunho cried out, pulling his hair in frustration.

"you won't know how things can be unless you tell him, yunho!" seonghwa fired back, trying his best to console the boy while also giving him advice.

"seonghwa, i can't just 'tell' him!" he put his fingers in air quotes, "what if he hates me? what if he thinks it's weird that i like him? we grew up like brothers for crying out loud! he's definitely going to hate me if i tell him how i feel, and i don't want to lose my best friend." yunho began tearing up a bit, the overwhelming emotions getting to him. seonghwa's heart dropped for the boy, grabbing onto yunho's arms and holding them tightly while staring into his eyes.

"i'm going to ask you a few questions and i want you to answer them honestly, ok?" seonghwa stated firmly.

"o-ok..." yunho stuttered out, looking at his friend slightly confused but agreeing nonetheless.

"so yunho, who's the one who always keeps san in check when he's being an asshole?" seonghwa pressed his friend, looking firmly into his eyes.

"me." yunho answered, chuckling a bit at the thought.

"who's the mom of the group? the one everyone goes to when they have a problem? the one who's always there for you no matter what the situation is?" seonghwa asked.

"me." yunho lowered his head, wiping his continuously flowing tears.

"who's the bestest friend anyone could ever ask for?" seonghwa bent down a bit, looking into yunho's lowered eyes.

"well that could be different for everyone." yunho chuckled lightly, not wanting to sound cocky.

"no, it isn't. it's you. there's a reason i told you and not anyone else about hongjoong. i didn't tell san, i didn't tell mingi, and i for sure didn't tell jongho. i told you. because i know you would help me, you would guide me to make the right decisions. and right now, i need to guide you to make the right decision. and that decision is telling him how you feel! you don't have to do it today, or tomorrow, hell you don't even have to do it within the month... but you have to do it one day. you'll regret it if you never say anything, i can guarantee that." seonghwa finished his rant, hoping his kind words helped yunho out even in the slightest bit. yunho lifted his head high and smiled widely, feeling extremely touched by seonghwa's statement.

"are you sure about that?" yunho asked as a single tear ran down his face.

seonghwa wiped the tear as soon as it appeared on his friend's face, "i know so."

"thank you, seonghwa. thank you for everything... you don't understand how much that all means to me." yunho thanked his friend genuinely.

"anytime, jeong. now we both need to help each other get our men!" seonghwa laughed, hitting yunho's arm lightly as he smiled at the younger.

"you're right, we do need to help each other." yunho nodded his head while laughing a bit.

"yes! but we should definitely head to class now. don't wanna be late!" seonghwa exclaimed, walking with yunho to their first period classes.

a short filler chapter, but yay! seonghwa finally TRULY admits he likes joongie🥺🥺🥺a fairytale! we stan🙌🏼

ALSOOO- WHERE ALL MY WOOYOUNG BIASES AT!?!?!?! OUR DROUGHT IS FINALLY OVER!!!😩😩😩😩😩ONEKAJSOWJWOS HE'S SO ATTRACTIVE OK GOODBYE I'LL GO ON FOR HOURS IF I DON'T LEAVE-

-vic