chapter fifteen

hongjoong ran out of jongho's car the second they reached their house, overly excited to see his mother as he always is.

jongho jumped out of the vehicle, not expecting hongjoong to run off so fast. "joongie, i've told you this many times. you have to be more careful! one day you're going to fall from running that fast." jongho held his heart and hongjoong giggled in response.

"it's my favorite boys!" hongjoong's mother exclaimed as she opened the front door, giving hongjoong a huge welcoming hug.

"hi mommy! i missed you!" hongjoong said as he rushed into the house and plopped himself on the couch.

"i missed you so much, honey. and i missed you too baby!" hongjoong's mom turned to jongho and gave the boy a warm hug.

"hey mom, how was the flight to greece?" jongho asked, continuing the hug with his mom.

she sighed. "stressful, but i'm glad to finally be back home. i love spending time with you guys." she smiled as she leaned further into her oldest son.

"yeah, i'm glad too. but if i'm being honest right now, i'm really annoyed. today, my teacher decided to move our test to tomorrow instead of wednesday, but i haven't even begun studying! i thought i'd have two days, but now i only have one." jongho put his head into his hands, rubbing his temples slightly.

"ugh, i'm sorry baby. that isn't fair." his mother removed jongho's hands from his head, rubbing his head for him.

"it's just really aggravating. like what was the poi--"

"mommy, can we get ice cream?" hongjoong barged into the conversation, unable to contain his excitement any further.

"jonngie, it's rude to interrupt people when they're speaking." hongjoong's mother looked at the small boy who began to pout.

"i'm sorry mommy, i just can't wait any longer! i missed you so much!" he jumped up and ran over to his mother, holding her hand and looking into her eyes.

"it's ok, my love. of course we can get ice cream." she smiled. "jongho, would you want to come? or are you too busy with your studies?"

"i wish i could, but if i don't start studying now there's no way i'll pass that test. can you just bring me home a small chocolate cup please?" jongho asked.

"no problem. ok, now go study. we'll be home soon." she gave jongho a small kiss on the forehead as he made his way to his bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

"ok joongie, let's get some ice cream!" she cheered and hongjoong squealed, running towards the front door of the house.

hongjoong's mother let the boy out and they walked towards the car. hongjoong opened the car door and sat in the passenger's seat, smiling widely as his mother began driving off to his favorite spot.

"so, i know that jongho's friend has been watching you. how do you like him?" she asked hongjoong, continuing to look at the road in front of her.

hongjoong began thinking hard about his mother's question. he had very mixed feelings about the older. most obviously, seonghwa wasn't the nicest to hongjoong... but for some reason, hongjoong had a strange attachment to the older. seonghwa was a mystery to hongjoong, and he wanted to learn more about him. hongjoong hoped that seonghwa could continue watching him, and maybe one day the boy would open up to him.

"hello? joongie?" his mother tapped hongjoong's shoulder, shaking him out of his thoughts.

"oh, i'm sorry mommy. i like seonghwa. he's fun to be with." hongjoong answered simply.

"i'm glad to hear that. he's probably going to be around a lot since jongho is now dating that girl, so if he ever gives you a problem, tell me about it and i'll make sure to give him a stern talking to." she sternly states and hongjoong nods his head, giggling a bit.

as hongjoong turned his head towards the window, he continued thinking about the boy. he really wasn't sure why he liked seonghwa so much when the older didn't give hongjoong much of a reason to like him, but he figured he'd understand eventually. like hongjoong said, seonghwa was a mystery that he needed to discover.

"we're here!" hongjoong's mom exclaimed and hongjoong almost jumped out of his seat while the car was still in motion.

as she parked the car, hongjoong unbuckled his seat belt to get ready to run. once the car was in park, hongjoong bolted.

hongjoong's mother quickly grabbed her wallet and keys and raced towards the door, not wanting her son to enter the shop completely by himself.

as they entered the shop, hongjoong's eyes widened. he dashed towards the counter, not bothering to wait for his mother to order for him.

"hi! can i please please have a strawberry ice cream sundae with whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate chips, and rainbow sprinkles please?" hongjoong shook violently, smiling widely at the girl behind the counter. she giggled at how cute and excited hongjoong looked and nodded her head, scooping the ice cream out of the containers for the small boy.

"hello, can we also have two small cups of chocolate, one with a cover and one without?" hongjoong's mother asked and the other girl behind the counter answered with a quick 'yes', beginning to scoop out the ice cream for the woman.

as the girls finished scooping the kim family their ice cream, hongjoong's mother paid as hongjoong waddled his way to a booth. hongjoong's sundae had so many toppings that it was practically falling over the side, but he quickly ate the dripping whipped cream and melting ice cream.

"wow baby, that looks delicious!" hongjoong's mom exclaimed as she sat across from her son, laughing at how adorable he looked with ice cream all over his face.

"it is!" he beamed, "but i need to eat it before it melts!"

"well don't eat too fast, you don't want to get a bellyache." she smiled as she put a hand out, hongjoong taking the hint and holding on. "so, how are wooyoung and yeosang doing?"

"they're great!" hongjoong giggled as he stuffed his face with more strawberry ice cream.

"i'm glad." she smiled, admiring the cute boy in front of her.

as hongjoong continued eating, he kept getting ice cream all over his face. hongjoong's mother laughed and picked up a napkin to wipe the boy's face clean.

"hongjoong, eat slower! if you don't slow down, none of the ice cream will make it into your mouth!" hongjoong chuckled and slumped down, taking his next bite in slow motion.

ok so since both of these chapters didn't really have much to do with seongjoong i decided to do a double update! hope you love it

-vic