chapter sixty two

seonghwa pulled up in front of hongjoong's house and parked his car. he unbuckled his seat belt and stepped out of the vehicle, making his way to the front door to pick up the boy for a quick date that tuesday evening.

seonghwa rang the doorbell and stood patiently waiting for someone to answer. after a few seconds, seonghwa was greeted by his friend jongho on the other side of the door.

"hey hwa, hongjoong will be down in a minute." jongho smiled at his friend, already wearing his pajamas for the night.

"ok great. is your mother here? i haven't seen her in a while and i wanted to say hi." seonghwa asked, not remembering if hongjoong had said she was working this week or not.

"no, she left for work on sunday and she doesn't come back until early tomorrow morning." jongho said back and seonghwa nodded his head.

not too long after, hongjoong made his way down the stairs looking cuter than ever. he was wearing a blue and green tie dyed long sleeve shirt, one he probably made in his own backyard. he paired the long sleeve shirt with black pants that had skinny white stripes on them, somehow making the mix matched patterns work together.

"joongie, you look adorable." seonghwa complimented the younger as soon as he reached the bottom of the stairs. hongjoong blushed a light shade of pink in response, covering his face with his sleeves.

"even though you're just wearing your typical all black, you look cute too seongie!" hongjoong gave the older a backhanded compliment, earning a not so intimidating glare from seonghwa.

"well you two have fun! i'll be home this evening, probably just watching tv or whatever. so if you need me for anything, just call." jongho waved goodbye to the two boys at the door, walking back into the living room and allowing them to have some space.

"ok, ready to go?" seonghwa asked and hongjoong nodded his head, following the older outside the house and locking the door behind the two of them. hongjoong made his way to seonghwa's car and stepped inside, buckling himself in as seonghwa did the same.

"i'm so excited, i love the park!" hongjoong exclaimed, smiling widely as seonghwa began driving away from his house.

"i know you love the park, so that's why i wanted to take you there. we've never been to the park together before." seonghwa smiled and offered his hand to the younger which hongjoong immediately took.

as the drive continued, both boys stayed silent, lost in their own very different thoughts.

wow, i really like seongie... he's perfect, hongjoong thought to himself.

i'm horrible, i can't believe i'm hurting hongjoong like this, seonghwa thought to himself.

in no time, seonghwa pulled up to the local park. hongjoong squealed out loud, quickly unbuckling his seatbelt and jumping out of the car. seonghwa scurried out of the car, not wanting hongjoong to run off without him.

hongjoong looked around the park seeming absolutely amazed by everything there. he looked off towards the colorful sandpit, then towards the intricate monkey bars, and lastly to the twisty slide. he didn't know what to start with.

"baby, is there anything in particular you want to go to first?" seonghwa asked and hongjoong didn't know what to say. seonghwa noticed the boy looked conflicted, so he took it upon himself to choose first.

seonghwa smiled and walked straight over to the slide that hongjoong was looking at. he climbed the little ladder that was obviously made for five year olds and squeezed his rather large body down the thin slide, twisting and turning as his body fell down the plastic material. hongjoong watched in amazement, giggling and jumping up and down until seonghwa reached the bottom of the slide.

"my turn!" he screamed out, running towards the little ladder and climbing up himself. hongjoong quickly slid down the rather cold slide, giggling the whole way down.

"now wasn't that fun, honey?" seonghwa leaned down and asked hongjoong as he finished on the quick little ride. hongjoong smiled widely and stood up, attacking seonghwa in a big, warm hug.

"it was so much fun! monkey bars next!" hongjoong exclaimed, rushing over to the monkey bars as fast as lightning. seonghwa followed behind, allowing the boy to have his fun at the park.

once hongjoong reached the monkey bars, he tried his best to jump up and grab the bar without climbing the ladder, but it didn't work. he kept jumping as high as he possibly could, but he was still too short to reach the bars. seonghwa noticed the boy's struggle and chuckled to himself, walking over and lifting hongjoong by the waist.

"here you go." seonghwa said as he lifted the boy's tiny body off the ground. at first, hongjoong began wailing his arms and legs around in fear of falling, but he then grabbed onto the bars with a smile.

"thank you babe!" hongjoong screamed out as he began moving from bar to bar, making seonghwa's heart flutter from the adorable pet name hongjoong called him.

i'm pretty sure this is the first time he's ever called me a pet name...

seonghwa then jumped up himself, moving his body effortlessly down the bars behind hongjoong.

the boys played around for another half an hour or so, moving from the monkey bars, to the swings, to the seesaw, and back to the first slide they went down. after some time, hongjoong began shivering due to the cold december weather.

"baby, should we go now? you look like you're freezing, i don't want you to get sick." seonghwa asked the boy, having nothing else to give him besides his own winter coat that hongjoong was already wearing.

"yeah, maybe we should go now." hongjoong agreed with the boy, standing up from the slide that he had just slid down and walking towards the older.

seonghwa grabbed hongjoong by the hand and turned his little body to face his own. seonghwa stared deeply into hongjoong's eyes, moving away the thin blonde hair that had made its way into his eyes. seonghwa carrassed hongjoong's cheek and leaned in, kissing the small boy deeply.

hongjoong put his hands behind seonghwa's neck, pulling seonghwa in closer towards his body. seonghwa put his hands on the small of hongjoong's back, rubbing up and down the material of his own winter coat on the boy's body. hongjoong backed out of the kiss first, opening his eyes and moving his hand to seonghwa's cheek.

"i like you so much, seongie." hongjoong shyly admitted with a smile.

"i like you a lot too, joongie." seonghwa forced a smile back and took hongjoong's hand off his face, walking with him to his car as his heart sunk lower and lower with each step they took.

seonghwa was glad he took hongjoong to the park today. here, he felt like he could be his true self with hongjoong; no fear of judgement from anyone their age. it made liking hongjoong so easy.

i just wish things could always be as easy as they are right now...

the day i wrote this (along with this a/n) was the same day this BEAUTIFUL ASS picture of hongjoong came out and i just HAD to use this outfit!! the only thing i changed was that joong was wearing pants rather than shorts, it's like december in the story🗿

-vic