Chai Latte

The sudden light shined through the thin curtains of her top to bottom window that had the most stunning view of the rest of Milan. Her body was restless but she knew that she needed to get up. She only had four days left in Milan and the sudden urge to text Shawn was overcoming her but she thought away from that.

Surely, he must've been kidding about the whole fake relationship scheme. Camila promised herself that she'd text him later but as of now, she wanted tea and she really wanted to go out there and explore.

Her outfit was simple and definitely meant to enjoy the city.

Mom jeans paired with a tight, black turtle neck tucked into the jeans paired with a blazer. To say that she was proud of her outfit was an understatement. "Okay," she whispered to herself, brushing off her jeans before making her way out the door.

Frolicking down the now, busy streets of Milan was truly stress relieving. This time, her phone was fully charged and she made sure that it was before leaving her room. She watched as the wind made the trees dance and the bushes sway. It truly was a sight to see.

There was a cafe that she had grown accustomed to during her time being in Milan that she found during her first night here.

"One chai tea, please." She hummed to the cashier as she rummaged through her purse to dig for her card. "Make that two." Two hands were placed on either side of her body, the hot breath fanning across her neck. She turned, slightly - knowing exactly why that voice sent shivers down her spine. The smile that formed on her face was uncontainable and she didn't have a clue why.

He, lightly, pushed her aside, handing the cashier cash as Camila didn't argue, knowing she wouldn't win. "Thank you," she mumbled, placing a hand on his bicep that was fairly large if she said so herself.

"This is my way of repaying you for last night." He winked at her, handing her the hot brew.

"Let's sit down, yeah?" He gestured towards a table that was next to a window and in view was a shop with knickknacks and lights.

She nodded and her heart fluttered at the action he'd just performed. No man has ever pulled her chair out for her and it was cute that he did. She whispered a "thank you," before taking the seat across from him.

They sat their, studying each other. Smiles never fading and the silence never falling into awkwardness. "Thank you for letting me borrow your phone...I seriously don't know what I would've done." She laughed at the thought of being stuck outside in the cold, Milan air - with no one in sight. He smiled at her and it warmed her insides more than the tea she withheld did, "and thank you for agreeing to my absurd request."

They talked for another twenty minutes getting to know each other and if Camila was being honest, it was the most interesting and normal conversation she's ever had, "I have a younger sister, Aaliyah...she...she has a boyfriend so that's another reason why my parents want me to get out there." He chuckled, wincing at the hot liquid that touched his lips. "I have a sister too, Sofia." Her voice fading, along with the steam of her tea.

He looked at her face, almost as if he was searching for something. His eyebrows were crinkled and his jaw was dropped, "what?" She raised an eyebrow, concerned. Almost immediately she looked at her phone, hoping nothing was on her face or that she didn't forget to brush her teeth. "You...you're beautiful, wow. Um...sorry." He shook his head, clearly embarrassed.

She blushed, quickly covering her cheeks with her hands. It took some effort but he pried her hands away from her face, keeping ahold of her hands from across the table, "you are beautiful...too." Her nose scrunched up at her own words coming out of her mouth. He laughed, deeply and she immediately knew that she loved that sound.

"So...about the fake girlfriend thing, are you still...are you still okay to go?" He fumbled over his words, softly rubbing her knuckles. It felt so natural for the two of them. She nodded, quickly, "I owe it to you." She smirked, taking her hands back and crossing her arms.

He nodded, contently. A smile plastered on his face.

"I'm actually...going to sightsee. You want to join?" She asked, shyly. His face lit up and he eagerly responded, "yeah...yeah! Let's do that." He stood up, tossing his cup in the trash and intertwining their hands before rushing out the door.

Something about him grabbing her hand and the compliments he gave her, put things into perspective for her. She had no idea who he was, for the most part other than where he's from, his family, his favourite foods, and his life before. Then again, she had no right to care because she wasn't ready to open up to him.

Her past was something to be forgotten about.

A/n

Definitely going to get more into depth about Camila's past because right now we don't know too much and this is all apart of character development.

Let me know how you guys felt about this.