Back Where It All Started

Shawn's POV

"Hey, dad." I sighed into the phone. It felt weird. It felt weird to be looking at him through a glass dressed in orange, looking as if he hasn't slept in days.

He didn't look like himself. Usually, he was well put together with his glasses straightened and his suit on, just right.

But now, he was in the clothing that he taught Aaliyah and I to never be put into.

"Hi, Shawn." His voice was raspy and he seemed tired.

Camila stayed back at home with my mum as I desperately wanted to get answers out of my father.

"Why did you do it? We could lose everything." I'd be lying if I said that the thought of losing the company didn't worry me one bit. It actually terrified me.

He sighed and he hung his head down low, not looking me in the eyes through the glass that separated us.

"I...I don't know." I was angry that he couldn't even do me the decency to just look at me. His own son, he won't even look at him.

"Don't tell me that you don't know. You do, you always knew what you were doing."

"Shawn, I seriously don't know. Money...it consumed me. It was like a drug." He was addicted to being wealthy, just like my grandfather was. Even my grandfather, didn't do this. He didn't go to this kind of extreme. He didn't put his family and his business in jeopardy.

"I just...I don't understand. They were innocent people and you stole from them...robbed them." I was embarrassed that this was who my father had become.

"You were selfish. You didn't think about mum, Aaliyah or me. My life was going perfectly well...you don't understand what you just did."

It was important to me that he understood how I felt. Whether he liked it or not, my feelings towards him right now were not the greatest.

Camila had told me many times that I should remember that he was still my father and I need to realize that what he did was wrong but that doesn't mean that he was a horrible person growing up. He still was the one who raised me.

"I know and I'm sorry."

"That doesn't change anything...not right now." I shook my head. I didn't want his apology. Not unless it fixed everything.

He huffed out a breath. I looked up at the clock, I had five minutes left with him before we had to disconnect the line.

I hated this. I never would have imagined that my time with my father would be limited due to his wrong doings.

"How is she?" He broke the awkward silence.

"Mum?"

"No."

"Aaliyah?"

"No, no, no." He grumbled.

"Camila?" I raised an eyebrow, "yes. Her. Is she doing alright?"

"She is doing okay. Things with her are amazing but this...this is in the way right now, dad."

"You don't need to waste your time here, Shawn. Be with her...the women you love." My father looked at me, seriousness written all over his face.

"She actually...she convinced me to come here." I smiled at the memory of her. She was incredible.

I saw the frown that formed on my father's face. I knew exactly why. It was because now he knew that I was not planning on coming here.

"Listen dad-"

"Times up." One of the larger officers on duty called out and I sighed, saying a quiet goodbye before hooking the phone back onto the wall. I didn't look back to watch him get dragged away by officers once more.

This was all over the news. It was a scandal that many business people are hearing about and it wasn't good for our image.

Even if we were able to keep our company, which was unlikely, it would be nearly impossible to receive clients that trust us again. I don't blame them for not trusting our business. If it was me, I wouldn't go remotely close to that company with my money.

Right now, I wanted to get my mind off of my father. I didn't want to worry about it until the next time it was brought up at a necessary time. All I wanted, was to be with Camila. Especially since we were back where it all started.

A/n

I thought it was necessary for you guys (the readers) to have some kind of understanding where Shawn stands with his father right now.

SHAWMILA FLUFF IS COMING YOUR WAY...HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT THAT???