Bad At Love

Camila's POV

Waking up next to Shawn truly was a blessing. Especially seeing him shirtless.

Am I okay?

He was literally dropped from heaven and somehow I got the chance to even get near him. It was something I'd never forget - the way we met. Sometimes, you have to thank god for the precious moments.

Or, thank god that you were stupid enough to let your phone die on you somewhere you know nothing about besides the food.

Something felt off today. I felt light but at the same time, my chest was heavy as if I wanted to lift something off from it but I couldn't get my finger on it, even if I tried.

He was still asleep next to me, on his stomach with his cheek pressed up against the pillow I was laying on. I chuckled at his facial expression, even when his face is smushed into a pillow, he looked amazing. Unreal, even.

I wasn't the best chef in the world but I was sure that I could knock up something for him and I.

"What are you cooking?" His raspy voice rang in my head. His warm hands on my shoulders, slightly massaging the tense out of them. Something about his touch, it was off.

I brushed it off, not wanting to worry about something that probably wasn't worth mentioning.

"Eggs and toast...I'm not the greatest cook." I placed the dishes out in front of him, sitting across from him and waiting for him to dig in so he could evaluate my cooking skills - which were not very high. "They're actually good." He chuckled, looking over at me before diverting his attention back to his food as I did the same.

Maybe I was just paranoid and too attached. Maybe that's why I thought things weren't okay and why I thought he was trying to ignore me.

He was playing with his hair in the mirror as I crept up behind him, wrapping my arms around him. My attempt to kiss him failed as he deflected it.

That shit hurt. I know Shawn and he wouldn't just turn a kiss or even a touch down like he just did.

I cocked an eyebrow up, taking my hands away from his body. "What's wrong with you today?" I ran my hands through my hair, not looking at him but instead at his reflection in the mirror.

He sighed. I watched him closely. I saw how he didn't make an attempt to look at me and how he didn't have any interest in whatever the conversation was that we were going to have.
I waited for him to answer but he didn't. He continued to do what he was doing.

"Don't be an ass, Shawn." I haven't called him Shawn in awhile. It was always some nickname that we grew accustomed to calling each other.
"I'm not being an ass, Camila. I just...I don't-" he groaned, clearly frustrated with himself or me, I couldn't tell at this point because he stormed off into his bedroom where he sat on the edge of the bed, his head hung low.

"Don't what?" I crossed my arms, keeping my distance away from him. I felt my hands shake under me. He looked up at me for just a second before looking back down, "I don't understand what you meant." He whispered, his voice cracking.

I slowly made my way over to him, I stood in between his legs. My hands found it's way to his neck as I rubbed circles around it. His forehead was against my stomach. His arms snaked around my waist, making his way to under my ass, rubbing the back of my thighs.

I was confused but I didn't let that stop me from having this talk with him - whatever this talk was. "I don't know what you mean...can you elaborate?"

"You...you said that you loved me last night."

I backed away from him, not caring about the struggle I went through to get out of his grasp.