Dead Phones and Via Street

A/n

For those of you who wanted me to drop the description for the new book I'm working on:

It'll be at the bottom of this chapter :)

Camila's POV

"Shit." I gagged, running towards the nearest bathroom.

Footsteps trailed behind me, "oh, baby." He sighed, holding my hair back with one hand and the other drawing circles around my back.

I never expected a pregnancy to be easy but I was only a month and a half in and already was I completely over it. Though, this was all going to be worth it.

I moved away from the toilet, resting my back on the tub. Thanks to pregnancy, mood swings are certainly something that happened to me. Nevertheless, Shawn was the most patient and the sweetest with me.

With every craving and mood swing, he was one step ahead, already halfway out the door after I would recommend a meal.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed. He chuckled and pulled my body closer to his, "don't apologize...you're doing so well. I can't imagine what you're going through right now."

Other times were better. I'd wait for him to come home in anticipation to just see and feel him.

"You're home!" I squealed, jumping into his arms. "Hello, my beautiful, pregnant wife." He muttered into my ear. "I've missed you," I pulled away, my arms still around his neck.

"I've missed you more. Seriously...all day at work I was thinking about you and our precious little one." He pecked my lips, "speaking of which," he bent down and hugged my small bump, "how's my baby down there?" He cooed.

"I hope you're being good to mama...she's working so hard and she's so strong. We're pretty lucky." He rolled up my shirt to caress and kiss my stomach.

I managed to hook a finger under his chin, forcing him to follow my finger up to my face. "I love you...thank you for everything." I whispered, kissing his bottom lip. "I love you more and thank you for carrying our little angel."

4 months

"Everything is looking perfect, Mr and Mrs Mendes."

Camila still could not get over the fact that she was now Camila Cabello Mendes. Not that she'd ever complain, she adored her new last name. She adored anything that had to do with her husband.

She peered over at Shawn who was already looking at her with the most loving and entrancing eyes. "That's our baby." He points to the monitor.

Every appointment, he'll say it and it's decidedly the most adorable thing she's ever seen him do. "That's our baby, yes." She giggled and watched as he leaned forward to place a kiss on her forehead, leaving it there to linger.

For reasons neither one of them can explain, they were apprehensive about knowing the gender but today was the day.

Aaliyah was in charge of how it was to be shown but both Shawn and Camila made it very clear that neither of them wanted something big.

Aaliyah went through the trouble of getting their favourite pastries that they shared during their first days of meeting and their wedding. She asked for the filling to specifically be the gender colour and that's what she got. At least she hoped so.

"Okay...count of three, we're going to cut the pastry together." This wasn't new to them, they did it on the happiest day of their life, they could certainly do it now.

"1.."

"...2"

"3!"

Eagerly, the couple sliced the pastry and the yellow filling dripped from the sides making both their mouths water and their hearts flutter.