We'll Be Okay

Shawn's POV

"Shawn...I need you to come here, NOW!" My mum was freaking the fuck out over the phone and it was the middle of the night here in Miami.

Camila and I had just fallen asleep after our rendezvous but I was rudely awaken my my mum screaming at me through the phone.

I had no idea what it was about but my mum has never freaked out the way she had a few minutes ago on the phone.

I didn't want to leave Camila but I knew that Camila would hate it if I didn't go.

"It's okay...you'll be back. I hope everything is okay." She sighed, sleepily.

"She was never like this...it must be bad but no one will tell me anything!" I groaned, frustrated that no one was telling me anything and they refused to until I went back to Milan.

"I can...I can come with you, if you want of course." She reassuringly smiled, rubbing my back to calm my nerves, which was greatly appreciated.

I nodded, happy that I wouldn't have to be without her because whatever that was happening, wasn't good and I really could use her support.

She offered to pay for her plane ticket but I refused. We fought about it for a bit but she came to the realization that I wasn't going to stop bickering over this until I paid and we didn't have time to wait around.

She spoke only reassuring words to me which helped a bit. Usually, when someone tried to be sentimental or try to calm me down when something was happening out of the ordinary, I'd freak out even more but with her, everything was calm and safe.

Our plane was leaving in the morning but I couldn't sleep and as many times as I told Camila that she should get some rest, she just shook her head.

"I'm not leaving you up, alone. You're crazy." She giggled, rummaging her hands through my hair as we sat silently on the edge of the bed.

It's been a week since our first official exchange of that eight letter sentence. Ever since then, things were pretty perfect. This wasn't helping. I didn't know what was going on and I was many hours away from the situation that I had no idea about.

A tear fell from my eye as the anxiety of not knowing what was going on got to my head - consuming it.

"Hey..." she grabbed my face in her hands, bringing me closer to hers so she could get a look at my broken state. This was frustrating, I had no idea what was happening and yet I was crying.

"Whatever it is...you'll be okay. I have no idea if it's going to have a happy outcome in the beginning but I do know...I know that you'll be okay." She rubbed my cheeks, placing a quick and tender kiss to my bottom lip.

I nodded but I didn't want her to say that I'd be okay, "we'll...we'll be okay, right?" I was scared of the answer, I didn't want whatever it was to affect us.

She smiled, sadly, "yes, baby. Of course we'll be okay...you promised you weren't going anywhere and I'm making that same promise to you." My breathing became steady, her reassuring me that we'd be okay and that she wasn't going to go anywhere made my heart full.

A smile crept up onto my face which made her smile more, "I love you, I'm not letting anything jeopardize our relationship."

"I love you, too." I kissed her, soundly. I wanted to drown in her love. I wanted to hold her and forget about the anxiety I was having.

"I know that you can barely sleep but you can at least try. I'll be right here." She patted the spot in bed beside her. I couldn't resist her as she pulled out her puppy dog eyes and outstretched arms.

I steadied myself on top of her, shifting over so that my head was on her chest, listening to her steady heartbeat.

She massaged my head with one hand and she used the other to trace small circles on my back.

The last thing I felt was her kissing my head before I drifted to sleep.

I knew that everything wasn't okay but in the moment, it was. Everywhere with her was okay - it was perfect.

A/n

I CAN EXPLAIN...

...in the next chapter. Lol, bye.

What do you think is happening ? I'm kinda curious...