Part 26

NICO

I wake slowly. I'm so comfortable and at ease, I don't want to move. But I open my eyes, blinking to get the sleep from my eyes.
Will turns to me, already awake. I smile up at him and close my eyes again. Bury my head in his shoulder.
'Your cabins so dark.' He says, 'my one doesn't have curtains. We just have to wake up at sunrise.'
'Sounds horrible.' I say.
'It's not so bad.'
We stay lying, neither wanting to get up just yet. And then, a knock.
I sit up suddenly, staring at the door.
'Nico?' Percy calls in.
'Shit.' I whisper quietly, 'shit, shit, shit.'
'I'm coming in.' He says, and the door is pushed open. I grab Wills hand and shadow travel before he sees us.
I land with Will just outside the forest. He stumbles over and I have to keep him from falling. He looks around, clearly unused to the sensation of shadow travelling.
'Sorry. I had to.' I say.
'You said you wouldn't.'
'It was an emergency.' I counter, 'Percy sucks at keeping secrets.'
'You feel okay?' I ask.
'Fine.' I say, checking myself over, 'I'm okay.'
'Good. Okay.' He says, 'what now?'
'Well, I should probably find Percy.'
'Right. I should probably go to the infirmary.' Will says. We hover, unsure how to leave it. He steps over to me, carefully, and kisses me on the cheek, 'I'll see you.' He says.
'I'll see you.' I say back.