Part 45

WILL

The taxi pulls up and Nico and I step out. He pays with money I didn't know he had and don't want to ask how he got.
He moves round and gets my bag out the back, carrying it for me without me asking. The taxi drives off.
'Are they expecting us?' I ask, watching the car drive off.
'Nico!' I hear a yell, before Nico is tackled into a hug. I barely have time to process it. She's pretty, nothing like Nico, but still pretty.
'Hazel, oh my Gods, it's good to see you.' Nico says, before hugging her again.
'I missed you!' She says, then steps back to look at me, 'who's your friend?'
'This is Will.' He says.
'Hi.' I say, saving a little, unsure how to respond.
'Hi Will, I'm Hazel.' She says back. I can see she's confused but she's still so polite.
'He's...' Nico locks eyes with me for a moment, then turns to Hazel, 'a friend. Wanted to see Camp Jupiter.' He looks at me briefly before looking away. A friend. Not boyfriend.
'Oh, nice! It's good to meet you.' Hazel says.
'You too.' I say, trying my best to act natural, 'I've always wanted to visit. Practically forced him to let me come.'
'Sounds like Nico.' She says, 'I'd be happy to show you around. Come on,' she says to Nico, 'Reyna's meeting us in ten minutes.'
'Great.' Nico says. Hazel links arms with Nico and leads the way. He turns round to look at me and I smile, trying to reassure him that it's okay. He can take his time.