Part 27

WILL

Kayla and I work around each other in the infirmary. We always do well together, complimenting each other's strengths. Reve is just as talented as both of us, but he's a little chaotic at times.
But today I would have preferred Reve over Kayla as every chance she gets she asks about Nico. She obviously doesn't use his name just in case someone overheard, but it's annoying nonetheless.
'Is he nice?' She asks, sceptical.
'Of course.' I say, continuing to work as she bugs me.
'He just seems...' She trails off.
'Look, I know.' I say, 'he seems angsty, but...no he is kind of is angsty to be fair. But he's sweet. Genuinely.'
'I just always pictured you with a...I don't know...an Aphrodite guy, or a Demeter guy.' She says.
'Apparently that's not my type.' I say, turning to her at last, 'did you actually want something, or what?'
'Do you reckon he's going to come to the bonfire tonight?' She asks, leaning on my desk and ignoring my question.
'Didn't ask.' I say, 'but I think Percy and Annabeth were meant to be leaving for a couple days to camp Jupiter so he won't know anyone there. So probably not.'
'He knows you.' Kayla prompts.
'Look, I don't want to rush him, okay? After everything he's been through, I'm fine playing by his rules.'
'But you want him to be your boyfriend, don't you?' She asks, teasingly. I stare at her, refusing to reply, 'Alright, Alright, I get it. I'll leave you to your work.' She jumps off the desk and leaves the room.
It takes me a moment before I can focus again. But I quickly delve back into what I was doing, pushing Nico to the back of my mind.