1

"Puckerman."

Puck slowly turned around, raising his eyebrow at the pink-haired girl with the nose ring. "Yeah?"

"Here." Quinn said as she handed Puck a pack of cigarettes. "I stole these from your locker yesterday."

"If you stole them, why are you giving them back?" Puck wondered.

"I bought myself a new pack, so I don't need yours anymore." Quinn shrugged.

"Stay out of my locker." Puck commanded as he held onto the box of cigarettes. "And I thought you weren't talking to any of the glee kids."

"You don't count." Quinn shook her head.

"Why?" Puck asked.

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "Do I really have to answer that?"

Puck looked at her.

"I'm not ignoring anyone. If they wanna talk to me, they know where to find me." Quinn told Puck.

"Under the bleachers?" Puck guessed.

Quinn nodded. "I got Coach Sylvester to put a couch there for me. Smoking all day makes me tired."

Puck nodded back as the bell rang. He put a cigarette between his lips and looked at Quinn. "I gotta go."

"Yeah, okay." Quinn replied.

"Actually." Puck paused. "You wanna come smoke with me?"

Quinn looked at him.

"Just cigarettes. I don't bring pot to school." Puck told Quinn. "Except for the cupcakes sophomore year."

Quinn laughed lightly. It was an awkward laugh, but it was the first time Puck had even seen her smile since the school year started and since she joined the skanks.

Puck knew that meant that somewhere under the pink hair and bad attitude, the Quinn Fabray that he knew was still there.

"Okay." Quinn said.

"What?" Puck asked, surprised by Quinn's answer.

"Okay, I'll come outside for a cigarette." Quinn stated. "But hurry up. That creepy math teacher patrols the halls this period."

Puck nodded and followed Quinn as she led him down the hall and outside.

Quinn walked over to the bleachers and sat down on her couch.

Puck sat down beside her and handed her a cigarette. He took out his lighter and lit Quinn's before lighting his own.

"So how's football?" Quinn wondered. "I haven't been able to make it to a game."

"Santana and Brittany rejoined the Cheerios." Puck informed Quinn as he looked at her. "Without you."

Quinn shrugged as she took a drag of her cigarette and blew smoke out of her mouth.

"Football's good. We're winning." Puck answered.

Quinn nodded.

"What happened to you, Quinn?" Puck blurted. "I mean, you were always the good little Christian blonde girl and now... though this look is really, really hot, it's not you."

Quinn put her cigarette between her fingers and shook her head. "You don't know a thing about me."

"I know a lot about you." Puck argued.

"You don't." Quinn stated as she got up and walked away.