8

Puck waved as Finn and Rachel drove away. He rolled down his window and put a cigarette in his mouth, lighting it before he began driving.

Puck drove past Quinn's house. He parked his car and texted her.

After waiting a few minutes, Puck decided to call Quinn since he still hadn't heard back.

Quinn answered on the fourth ring. "Puck, I can't talk right now."

"Come outside." Puck requested. "Five minutes."

"Now's not a good time, okay?" Quinn said softly. "I'll see you in school."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow and looked at his phone as Quinn ended the call. He sighed as he threw his cigarette on the curb and drove away.

-

When Puck walked into McKinley in the morning, he saw Quinn at her locker.

Puck walked over to Quinn and looked at her. "Hey."

"What do you want, Puck?" Quinn wondered, not looking at him as she gathered her books.

"Look." Puck said as he put his phone in front of Quinn.

Quinn froze when she looked at the phone.

"I saw Beth." Puck told Quinn.

"What you do in your free time is none of my business." Quinn shook her head as she pushed Puck's hand away and closed her locker.

"Just look at her." Puck requested. "She's beautiful, Q. Just like you."

Quinn took Puck's phone and looked at the picture of Puck and Beth.

"You can scroll through." Puck told Quinn. "There's a few more."

Quinn bit her lip as she scrolled through Puck's phone, taking her time to look at each photo.

"Shelby wants you to be a part of her life, too." Puck told Quinn. "You can be."

Quinn shook her head as she handed Puck his phone. "I can't."

"You can. Trust me, it's better this way than wondering and-"

"I have to go." Quinn cut Puck off as she took a deep breath. "I'll see you."