21

"Hey, ready to go?" Quinn asked as Puck walked over to her at the end of the day on Friday.

"I have to run an errand first so I'll meet you at my house." Puck said. "You can take my bike."

"How are you getting home then?" Quinn wondered.

"I'll get a ride from Finn." Puck shrugged. "I'll only be gone, like, a half hour. An hour, tops."

"Okay." Quinn said, putting her hand out for Puck's keys. "I'll meet you at your house in a little bit. I'm gonna go for a ride."

"Take care of her." Puck requested as he handed Quinn the keys. "And be careful."

"Always am." Quinn smirked as she walked away.

Puck went to the parking lot where Finn and Rachel were waiting for him. He got in Finn's car and sighed.

"Hey." Finn said. "Quinn's not coming?"

"I need a cigarette." Puck muttered.

"Can't you wait until after Shelby's?" Rachel requested.

"Fine, let's just go."

-

"Hey, guys!" Shelby exclaimed when she opened the door. She paused on Puck. "Puck, I didn't know you were coming. Can I talk to you?"

"Uh... sure." Puck shrugged.

"Finn, Rachel, make yourselves at home." Shelby told them. "Keep an eye on Beth and the stove?"

"Sure." Rachel nodded as she led Finn inside.

Shelby stepped into the hall and closed the door behind her. She looked at Puck. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Beth." Puck answered. "I just got the call for that pool job and they wanted me to stop by anyway."

"That's good about the job. But I meant I didn't know you were coming here tonight." Shelby stated. "You've been blowing it off all week. For a while, actually."

"I've had other things to take care of." Puck responded.

"Like Quinn?" Shelby guessed.

"Like helping out my mom and sister." Puck said, furrowing his eyebrow. "Rachel said she told you I was coming."

"She didn't." Shelby told Puck. "And I don't think it's a good idea anymore."

"What does that mean?" Puck asked.

"You need to shape up if you wanna come see Beth." Shelby said. "You can't just blow it off and then show up here whenever you feel like it."

"You can't just not let me see her." Puck said.

"Yes I can." Shelby stated. "I'm her mother."

"What about me and Quinn? Where the hell does that leave us?" Puck questioned Shelby. "Because you're the one who said you wanted Beth to have us in her life. You're the one who said you wanted me to be her dad."

"I said I want you and Quinn to be in her life if you deserve it." Shelby said. "And right now, she definitely doesn't and you're losing it. Honestly, I'm worried."

"You're worried?" Puck scoffed. "You're the one-"

"If I were you, I would be very careful with whatever you say next." Shelby cut Puck off.

"Quinn was right, you use Beth as a pawn to manipulate us." Puck hissed. "You can be the one to explain to Beth why Quinn and I don't see her. That's on you, not us. Screw you. I'm out of here."