12

"Fabray!"

Quinn turned around and looked at Puck. "Yeah?"

"What are you doing?" Puck wondered.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm ditching detention." Quinn said as she continued walking.

"Yeah, I got that." Puck replied as he stepped in front of Quinn. "You got Finn into trouble."

"I got Finn into trouble?" Quinn asked. "You're the one who put the beer in his car."

"Well, no one knew it was in there besides us." Puck pointed out. "Which means you told someone."

"Maybe it means you told someone. Shelby?" Quinn guessed as she walked away from Puck.

"I didn't tell anyone. I was gonna go back and get it." Puck stated as he walked with Quinn.

"Great, why don't you go get the beer and meet me on our couch?" Quinn suggested. "My couch. Meet me on my couch."

Puck watched Quinn walk away. He headed back to the parking lot to Finn's car, where Finn and Rachel were waiting for him.

"Hey." Puck said.

"Hey." Finn repeated.

"I was just coming to get Quinn's beer from your car." Puck stated.

"Yeah, well, Principal Figgins took it when he gave me detention." Finn responded.

"Right." Puck nodded slowly. "Well, I'm really sorry about that. Quinn bought it at lunchtime and we couldn't exactly bring it into school so..."

Rachel cleared her throat, giving Finn a look as she got in his car.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow and looked at Finn. "What's up with her?"

"If Quinn wants to ruin her life, that's one thing, but don't let her drag you down, too, Puck." Finn blurted. "She has a habit of doing that."

"She's just going through something." Puck told Finn. "She's gonna be fine. I'm helping her."

"You need to do a better job then." Finn said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Puck wondered.

"It means keep her from getting me detention." Finn replied.

"I'm the one who put the beer in your car." Puck told Finn. "Besides, I'm sure Mr. Schue's gonna make sure that's not on your permanent record or anything. You know, since you're his favorite and all."

Finn furrowed his eyebrow. "What?"

"Everyone wants to blame Quinn for everything, but maybe if she had someone looking out for her, she wouldn't be such a mess." Puck said with a shrug.

"I care about Quinn." Finn said with a sigh. "And you're like my brother. I don't wanna see anything bad happen to either of you, but the two of you have to do better. And if you can't do it for yourselves or each other or whatever, just do it for Beth."

"Beth's not ours." Puck reminded Finn.

"I know, but be someone she can be proud of." Finn added as he took a deep breath. "I have to go."