Chapter 3

*Skyler's POV*

The next morning I woke up at 4. Taking me some time to get up I get ready and grab my backpack and put the painkillers inside quickly after taking a few. I quickly go out to make breakfast again. Then I'm off, not to school but into the forest. Today is the day I run away.

I know what your thinking, stupid right? But no, mornings are always low on guards for the borders. I'll be able to make it if I just run fast enough.

Once I am completely out of my pack's border I slow down a bit. I should have stolen some food, I'm so dumb.

I continue my walk through the forest. Going deeper and deeper into nature's gift. I never had the chance to really value what I was given by this earth.

I can feel Eliza trying to come back up but with the lack of nourishment, I know it's not possible.

I'm surprised I've been able to make it this far without getting caught yet. Who knows if I'm on another pack's land.

I see a tree up ahead and decide to sit by it since I am starting to feel more pain in my body. Crunching the leaves underneath me with my hands I'm having a pretty good time.

I thought I was safe until I heard running coming towards me. I tried getting up and running but it was too late as I was thrown to the ground. I wince as the impact goes against my old bruises and new ones.

"P-please! Don't hurt me, please! I'm not trying to be a threat! Please!" I cry out desperately.

"You're a rouge what are you doing in our pack?" The guard asks me.

"I-I d-didn't know! I-I'm sorry!" I say stuttering.

"I'm taking you to the Alpha." He says.

"No! No please! Please! I swear I'm not a threat! I just wanted to sit please!"

"I don't take no for an answer." I begin to cry as he carries me back to their pack.

"Don't cry, he's not that bad of an Alpha I'm sure he'll give you some type of mercy." He says to me which just makes me even more nervous.

Yet all I can do is nod my head weakly. I can't help but feel the need to blackout. I'm in pain everywhere and him carrying doesn't help. But I've learned my lesson not to say anything or I'll get a worse beating. So I keep quiet, hoping, and praying that the pain will ease.

Once we get closer to the pack he puts me down to walk on my own. I fall instantly.

"Hey, are you okay? Sorry I didn't mean to drop you so hard." He says dropping his guard act a bit.

"I-it's okay i-it wasn't your fault." All he does is nod slowly and keeps me in arm grasp to make sure I don't run away.

I walk with him into their packhouse. Putting my head down every time I pass people who stare at me with pity. I don't understand why I had to come directly to see their Alpha? Why can't they just kill me? If it's going to happen then just do it now. Take me out of my misery.

Once were inside their pack office I believe I am brought up to the third floor. As this person knocks on the door I can't help but smell something so intoxicating on the other side. Maybe just food?

"Come in" I hear a voice from the other side say. Huh, weird thought it was food.

As we walk in I make eye contact with the mysterious man and now understand what the intoxicating smell was.

"Mate." Was the last word I heard before the world started to circle around me and everything went black.