Chapter 27

*Skyler's POV*

It's been another month since we got the news that I was going to have twins. I'm with Gracie, Jake, and Alex baby shopping.

I look like a whale for if you were wondering. I'm also due any day now since twin pregnancies take a shorter time than just one kid.

Alex and I have painted the twin's room a neutral yellow color. With two cribs on each side of the room along with changing tables. I'm very excited to meet them.

We have decided to name them Ace and Arelia. I'm so excited to meet them. Just two to three more months.

"Sky what do you think of this?" Gracie says referring to a yellow onesie. Ooh.

"It's super cute! We should get two so they can match!" I say.

"Good Idea." She says while we continue to pick out other clothing and toys for the room.

We spend the next few hours shopping and going to different stores. Then we headed to get some dinner and home. Alex and I go to our room while Jake and Gracie go to theirs.

"Are you ready?" Alex asks me once we enter.

"I mean..I don't know. I'm excited to finally be a mom but what if I'm not good enough?" I say causing myself to tear up.

"What! Sky your the most caring in our pack. Everyone loves you. You'll be a great mom." He says coming to hug me.

"Thank you," I say kissing him softly.

"Anytime babe." He says winking

"Also for when the time comes, who are we making the next Alpha?" I ask curiously. Since it isn't as known to have a female alpha. But I want our packs next Alpha to be our daughter and son. I think that they could both rule together.

"Well, I was thinking of giving the role off to Ace?" He says scratching the back of his neck. Ugh, men always thinking they are such an overpowering specimen.

"No," I say simply which surprises him.

"No?" He says repeating me with an eyebrow up.

"No. Why can't they both be leaders?" I question.

"Why does it need to be Ace who just happens to be a male? I think we should have them both be Alphas." I continue leaving him a bit shocked.

"I uh... I agree. Well, have them both be Alphas." He says pulling me into his arms again. I smile knowing I got him.

"I love you," I tell him kissing him and enjoying the silence.

"Love you too." He says bringing me over to the bathroom. We brush our teeth and get ready for bed.

As I'm laying in bed with Alex's arm protectively wrapped around my baby bump I can't help but remember all I've been through to get here. I was abused, neglected, worthless, and was turned into something with meaning.

I thought that I and my parents had dug me into a hole too deep to climb out of but Alex helped me come out and I couldn't be more grateful. He showed me what life really is. I couldn't be more grateful to be living.

So with this in mind I say,

"Thank you for everything,"

"You deserve it all my love," He says while rubbing my bump causing me to fall asleep soundlessly.

~Edited~

Thank you for reading!