Chapter 26

*Skyler's POV*

The little plus sign scared me but their voices bring me back to the present.

"Skyyyyy?" Gracie whines. Pregnant? Again? I can't be. I don't want to be. I don't want to kill another being. I'm not trustworthy of being able to carry a life inside of me. With all these thoughts I can't help but throw up what I had for dinner.

Well, there goes that steak. And my potatoes..

"Skyler?" Alex says worried present in his voice. But just his voice alone causes me to throw up more of what I had for dinner. I hear their voices on the outside of the door but I don't move from the toilet.

"Skyler, Gracie left can you unlock the door please?" Alex says. Thankfully his voice doesn't make me want to throw up again. With shaky knees, I brush my teeth and open the door.

"So? What's wrong baby?" He questions me.

I hand him the stick with tears filling my eyes. He grabs it and turns it over with a smile growing on his face. No, no! Why are you smiling? I killed him last time and your smiling?

"Baby this is great! Why are you upset?" He tells me carrying me over to the bed.

"I-I killed him last time! I shouldn't be able to have anymore! I'm just a murderer for Goddesses' sake!" I yell letting the tears fall.

"Skyler. We have talked about this. It wasn't your fault. This is a second chance. This is good." He tells me. I nod in his chest and let the sleep conceive me.

----------------------------------------------------

We're currently at our appointment to check on our new baby.

"I'm glad to hear the news guys!" Nancy tells us.

"Yup, we are too Nance," Alex says with me nodding.

She begins to put the cold gel around my stomach.

"Your two months in. Want to know the genders?" She says.

"Yea," I say.

"Well, it looks like we have a boy-"

"Yes!" Alex screams. He kisses my forehead and holds my hand.

"And a girl," Nancy says. Wait what? And a girl? As in twins? Which means two human bodies being pushed out of my..two?!

"I-" I can't even finish the sentence. I'm excited.

I begin to cry tears of joy and Alex hugs me. We get sent out with more prescriptions for me to take in order to make sure the twins and I are healthy. I'm happy. I'm happy with what I have. And for once I feel like I will have a good life after all the shit I've been through.

--------------------------------------------------------------

~Edited~

<3!

Thank you all for reading don't forget to comment and star!