Chapter 7 - The Professor did what?

I sat in English completely bored. The vibe in class was just off. A cloud of tension hung in the air and by the look on the students faces, everyone could feel it. The Professor seemed agitated, almost angry and Mason was missing.

About ten minutes later Mason bursted into the lecture with no care in the world, sitting down on his usual seat - on the end, next to the stairs.

"Mason McConner!" The Professor said firmly not screaming but not speaking.

"Professor James." Mason responded.

"I respect punctuality. Don't miss interpret my words. I do not have a problem with males who choose to wear make up but your lips are oddly red and I don't think that you are one of those males." Prof said and Mason slightly wiped his lips chuckling. No one in the class dared to make a sound.

Mason shifts in his seat, placing his elbows on the table in front of him "Professor, are you assuming my sexuality?"

Immediately the Professor let's out a chuckle. What is happening right now? Is this why it's so tense today?

"Oh, I know very well about your sexuality." The Professor said walking closer to Mason. "Mr McConner, you are a straight A student and a highly intelligent young man but I do not care if you are a straight A student. If you are in my class, you show some respect and you show up for my class on time or stay outside! You keep your extramural activities for after class."

"Well, my extramural activities has nothing to do with you and talking about respect, why the fuck are you exposing me in front of the class?" Mason said, he clearly was not calm anymore.

Professor was now standing right beside his desk. Both men eyeing each other while the Professor spoke "Oh! Now I'm exposing you? This is your first semester here, meaning that you've been here all but a few days and already everyone knows you're the biggest slut here."

What! That's crazy, I have never heard anyone in the education department ever say that word and especially not to a student.

Immediately Mason jumped up along with his friend sitting next to him. Chest to chest with the Professor and his friend holding him back. There were a few comments from students but nobody spoke loud enough to hear clearly.

"Bro, it's not worth it." The friend said to Mason.

"Your daughter didn't complain when I had her screaming my-" before Mason could finish speaking the Professor punched him, falling to the ground with rapid punches until the friend pulled the Professor off Mason, leaving him bleeding on the floor.

The students jumped up and screamed while others took videos. Campus security came and everyone was asked to leave as Mason and the Professor got escorted out in hand cuffs.

Nobody spoke or made a sound. Student just stood in shook at what just happened.

"Kelly!" I heard from behind me and turned to see Rachel running towards me.

"Major drama alert! Oh em gee. Tell me everything." She screamed while she ran.

"I don't even know what happened." I said watching campus security drive off with Mason. "Should I go with? I mean, technically we're dating." I said and just walked off to the security building.

"You're what?" Rachel screamed after me.

As I got to the security building, on the other side of campus, Mason's parents pulled up in separate cars and started walking towards the entrance.

"Mrs McConner." I said and she smiled.

"Kelly, oh my word, yes. Come inside." She said pulling me closer to her as we walked in.