Heartbreak and Loving Again

Alex was sitting on the edge of a cliff trying to decide whether or not he wanted to fall off. He had no reason to leave the person he loved and was getting married to another man. He was tipping toward it and was about to drop when he felt someone grab his hand. Pulling him up before he had a chance to fall. He looked to see a man he often saw at the gay bar he frequented he had always hated him as the same man who he hated who pulled him up. "What the hell William"

"You looked like you were about to fall I was trying to help"

"Maybe I wanted to fall"

"Why would you want to kill yourself?"

"That is none of your damn business", he said giving the man a cold glare. Before leaving he couldn't do it at least not today. Later that night he had been drinking trying to drown his sorrows on not being able to kill himself and the heartbreak. He was on his tenth beer and had moved on to one on the rocks. He was started to feel a bit drunk. What did he care he had nothing really to live for. When he saw William walk in and take a seat next to him. "Why the hell are you here?"

"Are you always this much of an ass to others?"

"Nope just you"

"Good to know. Why are you here alone don't tell me that you got your heart broken or something", he teased?

"It none of your damn business whether I did or not", Alex said. "Another beer or another one on the rocks", he said to the bartender. He continued to drink acholic drink one after another until he was near passing out. He felt somebody carry him. Before mumbling.

"I swear you really are a handful", is all Alex could hear before he felt his sleep overtake him. He woke up to see a man smiling beside him.

"I see you are finally awake sleeping beauty", William said smiling toward Alex.

"Shit I got drunk didn't I?"

William smiled an angelic smile. "Yes you did"

"Shit I can't believe I was pathetic enough to try and kill myself. What was I thinking?"

Before William could say anything Alex felt tears stream down his eyes. "Damn it why", he cursed.

"Did you love him that much?"

Alex wanted to say something but he couldn't all he could do was cry he wrapped his arms around William. William hugged him tighter. "Why couldn't you have fallen in love with me? If you had then I would've never broken your heart"

"What are you even saying? Who says that when somebody is talking about that when they just got their heartbroken", he asked before smiling for the first time since he got his heart broke.

"All I know is that you just smiled for the first time since I met you"

"I did? I didn't notice"

William smiled another smile before kissing Alex softly on the forehead. Before whispering something that Alex could barely hear.

"I was wondering if you don't mind who you got your heart broken by"

"It's fine and I don't he was an old friend who was straight. We had known each other since high school. It was one-sided on my part. He had been in love with someone who broke his heart. Another friend of ours Astrid did everything she could to help him get over the girl. She loved him and he cared for her the same way even through he won't tell her. So I was happy when they started dating after high school ended. But the other day ago when they told me they were getting married and he wanted me to be the best man. I couldn't take it I saw no reason to live. I thought I prepared myself but it hit me harder then I thought it would", Alex explained finally feeling better that he got it off his chest. After William kissing him on the forehead again.

"I swear you can be so troublesome only an idiot falls for a straight guy"

"What the hell are you trying to say?"

"Nothing just you may be an idiot but you are still an amazing man who puts others before you. No matter what others might think", he said before pulling Alex closer to him and embracing him. Afterward the conversion off to something else as they found they had other things in common. They had been talking for a while sitting and enjoying each other company. When something popped into Alex's mind he had been thinking about this since William helped him from the bar. "William why did you help me both when I tried to kill myself and at the bar when you could've left me. But you did why did you do that"

He smiled another smile. "That's a secret Alex"

For some reason, Alex felt that William was lying that he was hiding something but he shook it off thinking he was going too deep into it. Trying to just enjoy living in the moment. He couldn't seem to forget the words William had said into his ear. He tried to remember them. To no help. He shook it off and just lived in the moment listening as William talked about what William wanted to talk about.

*Two weeks later*

Alex had been thinking about William no stop since what had happened. He wanted to get William off his mind. He had been feeling like a drink so he went to his local gay bar to see William with another man. He walked closer trying to hear what they were saying. He saw another man alongside William for some reason he grabbed a nearby drink setting it down loud enough for both to hear. Before giving the other man a threatening look. "Leave now", Alex said the man left Alex took his seat. "What the hell is this? I was an idiot I don't know why but ever since what happened all I could think about is you.

"No matter how much I wanted not to you were always there. I don't know why all you were doing was trying to help. I spent all this time pinning after someone so why after one night with you do I feel this way? I wasn't like this before? I kept trying to think of a reason but all I could think about was you damn it and I don't know why"

William smiled an angelic toward him before pulling Alex closer. "Seriously don't say that I am already thinking things this is dangerous. I might not be able to hold back if you say anything else"

"Are you really fine with me. I get jealous over little things and can be an asshole"

He smiled. "Of course won't want to change that part of you that I fell in love with", he said with a smile before pulling him in for another kiss that Alex accepted.

"Are you okay with me really?"

"If I wasn't I won't be here", Alex answered before pulling him in for another kiss.

"William smiled before saying anything. "I am so damn happy" As they just layed their enjoying each other company never wanting to let go of each other.

*End*