Doubt, Proposal, and A Night Alone

Evan and Brandon were at the store grabbing snacks for their night alone. Both had been busy with Evans writing trying to make his recent deadline and Brandon job. They hadn't been able to spend as much time with each other as they wanted to. So they both took the day off from work and spent it with each other. They were walking down the snack aisle debating on which ones to get. After grabbing the snacks and putting them into a basket Brandon was holding. He looked lovingly toward Evans. "Is there anything else that you want love?"

  Evan smiled toward him before bringing Brandon in for a kiss. Justing kissing each other not caring who saw which wasn't anyone since they were the only ones in the aisle. As they parted Brandon had faint blush spread across his face. Evan looked at him lovingly as they intertwined their hands before going to check out.

*At their apartment*

They were sitting on their couch with their fireplace crackling in front of them. Sitting there in silence not saying a thing. The snacks they had below them. "Evan I was wondering", Brandon began trying to ask Evan a question that had been on his mind lately. For some reason, he was starting to doubt himself and Evan's relationship and he didn't know why.

  "Yes, what is it, love?"

"I was wondering why did you choose me?"

  Evan laughed. While Brandon gave him a hurt look in his eyes. Evan could see that he pulled Brandon closer to him kissing him on the head. "Love do you even need to ask that? I choose you because you are the only one for me", he started as he kissed Brandon on his hand. Before looking toward him with a loving look. "I love everything about you. I love the way you look at me lovingly when I wake up beside you. I love the way you blush whenever I say anything to you. I love the way your face lights up. I love your messy bed head. You are my everything you are my world. I don't know what I would be able to do without you. I don't know who made you doubt my feelings toward you. But no matter what happens to know this I love you and only you. I love being your boyfriend. Especially being able to live with you and be by your side every day. You are the love of my life. I have loved you since I was fifteen. You have been the love of my life since we graduated high school six years ago and nothing will ever change that. No matter how old we get my feelings for you will never change", Evan said before getting down on one knee and pulling a gold band with only two words engraved inside it mi tesoro (my treasure). "Will you marry me and stay by my side for the rest of our lives?"

Brandon put his hands to cover his mouth trying not to cry. He was so happy he couldn't control the tears coming down his face as he had a huge smile on his face. "Yes, of course, I will", he said before pulling Evan up and kissing him on the lips. Before Evan slipped the golden band onto Brandon's finger. As they both sat back down on the couch. Before Evan let out a smile. "What are you planning Evan?"

"Nothing", Evan lied.

  "Come on tell me", Brandon said pouting.

"I was thinking we play a game of twenty questions"

  "Come on Brandon we have known each other since high school. We have been dating for three years and have been living together for three years. What can we possibly not know about each other?"

Evan gave a cocky smile. "There is a lot you don't about you"

"Seriously you're joking right?"

Evan smiled another cocky smile. "No, you wish love"

  "You are twenty-two yet you are acting like you are fifteen. I swear sometimes I wonder why?"

  "It's too late now considering you agreed to marry me", Evan said with a cocky smile knowing he won.