Thank you

"Hey everything's going to be okay

"Hey everything's going to be okay." Oscar whispered in my ear as I sat there in his arm.

I now understood the pain everyone felt when I was the one on the other end . I never wanted anyone to feel the way I did right now again.

I squeezed his hand fiddling with his fingers. We've been sat here for what felt like forever. They've taken him into surgery for the five fucking bullets they put in him.

I was surrounded by everyone,the boys and the core 4. Uncle Dwayne and my aunt were sitting on the other side.

"Here for Richard Howard." I heard the voice of my mother at the reception.

I got in my feet running towards her,when she saw me she caught me in a hug.

"Oh sweetly,I'm so sorry. He'll be okay. He will." She cried kissing my forehead. She grabbed my hand and I guided her to a seat.

"Hi Oscar." She gave him a small smile. I sat down with Oscar's arms wrapped around me and my other arm linked with my mother. Right now they were providing the comfort I needed.

"Family of Richard Howard?" A doctor in surgical scrubs walked over to us and we all stood up.

"So we were able to remove all the five bullets and I'm going to be honest he's very lucky and I cannot stretch that enough." I breathe a sigh of relief
"He's currently resting right now in a medically induced coma which we will take him off when he's ready."

I zoned out after that he was fine and that's all I wanted to hear. He survived five shots. Blessed is what I'm going to call it.

"Hey you should go get some sleep sweety you've been here for like 10 hours." My eyes widened at what my mum told me. I didn't even realise I've been here for that long. I looked over at Oscar who was talking to Benji and the boys. He stayed with me for this long.

"I will." I dismissed her,no I wasn't going anywhere but to my father's hospital room.

"Oscar.." my mum called him over.

"Can you take her home please." He looked down at me and then back at my mother and nodded his head.

"Fine, I'll just go to the toilet first." I excused myself walking to the restroom.

"Leigh-Anne." I turned around to see Latrelle standing there

"What are you doing here?" I pulled him to the staircase

"I heard about what happened and I wanted to see if you were okay....if he was okay?" My heart clenched.

"He'll be fine thankfully,and I'm okay." He scratched his head nervously.

"Look Latrelle, I know about everything. Is that why you befriended me? Because you found out I was your sister?"

He chuckled
"Sort off."

My mind went to my dad and what he told me at iHOP. I wanted to know who did this to my dad,and when I found out I wanted them to suffer. I wasn't one for violence but everything changed for me the moment he got shot.

"Look, I want to talk to the leader of the Prophets." I pursed my lip

I don't know whether it was a good idea or not but my dad was one,so they owed him at least something.

"Whoa,Leigh I don't think that's a good idea." He exclaimed with wide eyes.

"I don't think that it is either but I have to try. I need to know who did this to my dad and I don't want Oscar or Los Santos involved." Oscar didn't need to know about anything. He'll just tell me to stop worrying and let them handle it,but he isn't obligated to help and I didn't want him to.

"Fine. Tomorrow, my house and I'll take you there." He finally gave in. I sent him a small smile pulling him into a hug

"I'm kinda glad you're my little brother." I gave him a tight squeeze.

"Nothing's little about me ma." He pulled away smirking

What an idiot

~

I walked back to the waiting room to see that almost everyone had left but Oscar,my mother and Benji and Cesar.

"What took you so long?" My mother questioned and I rolled my eyes in response

"We should go." I told Oscar and he nodded. Grabbing my hand we walked out of the hospital door to his car.

The car ride was silent, I frowned when I saw that he wasn't taking me home but I relaxed understanding why. There was police lines Infront of my house and probably blood. The last thing I wanted to do is relive the events of earlier.

"Benji is with Keisha and Cesar is sleeping over at Jamal so we have the house all to ourselves." Oscar said once he parked outside his house.

I got out of the car and followed him inside. We made our way to his bedroom and he gave me a towel, I wanted to wash everything away, I still had blood on my blouse.

I turned on the faucet and took out my clothes, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and cringed, I was a mess.

Sighing I got into the shower and just let the water hit my body. I didn't even flinch when I heard the shower curtain being pulled back and in walked Oscar.

Any other time I would've been blushing and feeling flustered. This was another level of intimacy,but now I was happy that he was here.

He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned into him.

"Let me take care of you." I let him turn me around and he looked down at my body then his eyes went back to mine.

"I thought it was you.... I don't know what I would've done if it was you." He whispered caressing my cheek. On my tip toes I kissed him.

Who knew things would end up like this between us.

I let him lather me with soap and basically bathe me. When we got out He gave me his T-shirt and I immediately snuggled into his covers. It was 3 in the morning and I was starting to feel the effects of the previous day.

"Thank you for being there for me Oscar." I was grateful for him, for everything he had done for me. He was a piece of shit but he was my piece of shit.

"You don't have to thank me. I'd do anything for you Leigh-Anne."

I smiled into his chest as he pulled me closer.

Why can't things always be like this?