That's love

I looked at myself in the mirror putting my bonnet on

I looked at myself in the mirror putting my bonnet on. This was a must, silk bonnet or hair damage. I frowned when I heard the bell ring, I looked at the clock to see that it was close to midnight and I have no idea who it could be at this hour unless it was Richard.....again.

I cautiously walked to the front door looking through the peephole and I frowned when I saw who it was. I opened the door and looked at Oscar who was standing there crouching over holding his side.

"Can I come in?" I pursed my lips but moved aside to let him in only because he looked hurt.

I was thankful that the asshole Terrence and his kids went back to New York leaving me by myself. I was still trying to figure out that bit of my life. I still had a ring on my finger and I was still married but after what Leigh-Anne revealed I wanted nothing to do with that pig. But I liked the ring, and I wasn't going to give it back.

Oscar plumped himself on my white couch and I could finally see the blood.

"What happened to you?" I asked already moving to the kitchen to grab the first aid kit, that must've been the only reason he came over.

"Fight." I rolled my eyes. Typical Richard, I can't count how many times I've had to play nurse to him whenever he got possessive.

"What did you do?" I asked walking back into the living room with the first aid kit in hand.

"What makes you think I did something?" He looked up at me with a painful expression on his face.

"Come sit in the kitchen you're ruining my couch." I ordered

"And, do you seriously expect me to believe you didn't do anything?" I questioned turning towards him as he limped to the kitchen stool.

"Why did you come here?" We both knew he probably had other places he could go and I was curious to find out why he chose me? The mother of his girlfriend...maybe that's why he did.

"How is she?" I smiled at that, he came here to talk about her. I knew she was avoiding him like the plague and I wish she would just tell him what was happening in her life. Whenever I looked at Oscar I saw Richard and I could see that somehow this gang leader had very very very strong feelings for my daughter and that's something new to him

"She's coping." That's the only word I could tell him. I was scared because after she showed me the pregnancy stick all I could think about was that she was sick,I spent hours browsing the web trying to self diagnose her and the conclusion made my heart sink and I was praying that it was anything but that.

"She's been avoiding me, I-I just want to know if she's okay." He sighed in defeat wincing slightly as I cleaned up his stab wound.

"She's strong you know, she's always going to be okay." But what if she wasn't? I stood up straight blinking away the tears,I didn't want to think that something was wrong with her.

"Jasmine told me that she thought she was pregnant." I bit the inside of my cheeks looking up to study his facial expression. He looked unsure, like a baby was the last thing he wanted but he loved Leigh-Anne.

"Yeah..." I laughed at that, I was the one that put that in her head,even if I knew that she couldn't get pregnant I still wanted her to be sure.

"She was scared you know." I spoke up after a long silence.

"I wanted to be there for her, I should have but she likes to keep everything to herself."

"That's us Howard women for you....you're lucky the wound wasn't that deep so you'll live. I don't want Leigh-Anne to blame me if anything happens to you." I joked, gathering all the things to clean up my kitchen island.

He sat there quietly deep in thought. I wanted to know what's on his mind and by the frown lines on his face I knew it was anything but good thoughts.

"Do you really love her?" I asked out of the blue making him turn to me.

"Is it hard to believe?" He questioned. He doesn't think that he's worthy of love and I could see that clearly now. He may have been a big bad leader out in the streets of Freeridge but in reality he was soft.

"No, I could see it in your eyes when you talk about her. That day at the hospital, I could see it clearly with how you take care of her. I always wanted my baby to find a love like that and it doesn't matter who you are and what you do Oscar. You're lucky to have my daughter and she is lucky to have you." I gave him a small smile.

"My last girlfriend's parents hated my ass you know." He smirked making light of the situation.

"We can't hate you because we understand you....and you make our daughter happy."