Side Piece

"Well if it isn't my demoted family member

"Well if it isn't my demoted family member."  I looked up as Jamal slapped his hand on the counter I've been sitting by.

The diner was slow and all I had to do is sit here scrolling through Instagram ;  my second occupation

"Demoted Family member? What happened to favourite Cousin?"  I questioned

"Well, you went and confronted my friends AND you've been hanging out with the enemy which begs me to ask the question... what is going on between you and the hot gang leader?" He looked at me suspiciously

I scoffed. "Well they apologised didn't they so you're welcome and there is nothing going on I'm just helping him with his car." I shrugged.

It was true. 
That was the only reason I've been hanging around him.

"Plus he's teaching me how to drive."  I added looking up at him.

He was still squinting his eyes at me trying to catch me in a lie

But there was no lie there.

"Ahuh, Cesar been telling us about all the time you've been spending there and he said it looks like there's something more going on."

I rolled my eyes. "The same Cesar that constantly lies to Monse?"

"Good point there but I don't think he'll lie about this."

"Well Cesar should mind his own business. I'm there solely for the car
Infact i think everything's done so he won't see me there anymore."

"Well good. Oscar is bad news. And i know you have a kink for all those bad stuffs. But it's not the bad things you should be involved with."

I sighed in frustration now.

Why does everyone think they can just tell me what to do.

I'm grown enough to make my own decisions and hang out with who i wanted to.

"Leigh Leigh." I looked pass Jamal to see Sierra skipping over.

Finally, someone that could lift my mood.

"Hi Jamal." She greeted my cousin. 

"Sierra." He smacked his lips.

I rolled my eyes at his behaviour. 

Jamal's convinced that Sierra is replacing him.
But that was complete bullshit. There's only one Jamal and he holds a special place in my heart. 

He's on a level of his own.

"What are you doing here Si?" 

"Well my brother and his stupid friends are here-"

And as if on cue the little gang members walked in

Chico was followed by Pablo and Pablo was followed by Benji and then a moment later in walked Oscar with a girl I've never seen before.

I felt something I've never experienced before seeing her laugh at something he said.