Firsts

"Why didn't you tell Spooky that tonight was prom night?" Jasmine questioned as we sat in her bedroom trying to get ready for tonight

My very first Prom, I never really went  to any because I had no one to go with but now I had Jasmine. Plus she would've dragged me to the school gym against my will if I refused to go.

"Because it's silly school stuff okay. I'm sure he has more important things to do than take his teenage girlfriend to a high school dance." As much as I wanted him to come with me to my very first school dance I felt too embarrassed to ask him. I was afraid that he'll just laugh in my face at how silly it was so I didn't tell him anything about it. He asked me what my plan was tonight and I just said that I was having a sleepover at Jasmine. A half truth.

"Girl I don't know but I think Spooky would've come you know. He would for you." She shrugged rummaging through her closet trying to find something. I was wearing a short simple dress. I didn't want to dress up or over dress,now Jasmine was going all out and she looked absolutely beautiful in her green dress.

"It doesn't matter now. It's too late."

As I sat doing my hair,my mind wandered to my dad who was still at the hospital. The doctor had removed him from a coma but he still hasn't waken up yet. That was another reason why I was going to the dance,to take my mind off things.

The Prophets still hasn't come back to me about the shooting and I don't know whether that was a good thing or not. I asked Latrelle for an update and even he had no idea,apparently this was a matter for the high ups in the Prophets

I had my hair half up and half down with the up part braided into a french braid, Jasmine added some white and purple flowers in the braid to match my dress. I was still shit at make-up so I stuck with some mascara,false eyelashes which was a nightmare to put on and lipstick.

"So the gang is meeting us here right?" I checked with Jasmine. Jam,Cesar,Ruby and Monse and I were all going together,Ruby wanted to go all out for this so he forced us into hiring a limousine,and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for that part.

"Yup and they'll be here in about 15 minutes." She shrugged casually as if I was remotely done with getting ready.

"Oh stop it girl...you look fine." She rolled her eyes.

And sure enough in less than 15 minutes we heard honking outside her house

"Jas ..hurry up." I called out making my way to the front door.

"You guys will have to wait..." I stopped shock written all over my face at Oscar who stood there in a suit and a corsage in his hand.

"You're welcome." Jasmine walked pass me and whispered and that's when I realised the gang was here and they were all behind Oscar.

My eyes then went back to Oscar who stood there waiting for me.

"What are you doing here?" It was quite obvious what he was doing here but it all felt too strange and weird

"I'm taking my girlfriend to her prom." He shrugged.

Was that even allowed? And outsider in a prom...especially a gang leader.

I slow walked over to him stopping in front of him.

"You even wore a suit." I patted his chest looking up at him. He looked extremely handsome.

"It feels strange." He frowned and I laughed. He was going so out of character,out of his comfort zone and I could see that he was really trying. But I didn't want him to, I like him just the way he is,he doesn't have to go all the way to try to impress me or anyone. I liked him because he was the bad guy,that didn't give a shit about anything if I wanted a pretty decent boy I would've gone for Sebastian.

"You look great."

"I look great? You look beautiful." He whispered bringing me closer to his body making me gasp.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" He asked and I blushed, to say the reason now would make me look stupid but one look at those dark brown eyes I wanted to confess to my greatest sins.

"Because it's stupid high school stuff Oscar." I muttered

"I don't care. This is one of your first, and I plan on being a lot of your first Hermossa." My heart warmed up. He was really all into this.

But was I?

"We should probably get going." I pulled away from him fiddling with my hands nervously.

My heart felt heavy.

He frowned trying to read me but I plastered on a Fake smile.
"We should get going." I grabbed his hand pulling him to his car.

"We'll see you guys there." I told the gang,Jasmine gave me two thumbs up in encouragement

"Don't be giving out blowjobs for free girl." My jaw dropped at her words but I quickly closed my mouth glaring at her.

"I expect to see your asses at the dance okay. Don't be nasty." Jamal narrowed his eyes at the both of us.

Oscar opened the door for me and I wanted to smack his hand away. I didn't want him to do that. I've been opening the door every time and nothing needed changing.

"Something's wrong." He stated turning his body towards me.

"Nothings wrong Oscar. Let's just go." I stared straight ahead.

"Bullshit Leigh-Anne. If nothing's wrong then why can't you look at me? Ever since....our date you've been acting weird." I bit my lip.

The date was amazing but what happened after that was anything but, after the date he took me back to his house,but the only thing was that he had company over and the company wasn't exactly nice. After asking where he was and then turning to see me they began to tease him, they teased him about the picnic basket he was carrying. About the my bag which he insisted on carrying. They proceeded to mock our relationship and I felt bad. No I felt horrible.

He was trying so hard to be a good boyfriend,a romantic and then i had to remind myself that by doing these things he was being something he wasn't. One of his friends said so,

"I don't even know who you are anymore homie." Those are the words he used.

They all knew him better than I did and if what he said was true I didn't want him to change because we were in a relationship.

"You barely hang out with us man." Another said and that was also true. He was always with me, He never left my house or I never left his.

I took a deep breath shaking off the uneasiness.

"I'm fine. I promise."