Whole Fireworks

I shyly came out of Sierra's room walking into the living room

I shyly came out of Sierra's room walking into the living room. And I caught everyone's attention.

My eyes narrowed on Sierra who just sat there with a big  grin on her face.  Thinking that, it was just going to be the two of us I didn't bother being modest about my attire. My PJs was velvet and you could see my ass cheeks perfectly. It was very revealing. I asked Sierra to give me something else but all she did was laugh in my face and left me there sulking.

She was truly evil

"Well Danm." Chico said with wide eyes.

I gave him a tight smile and hurried to find a seat. Thankfully it was next to Sierra but it was the one directly facing a blank faced Oscar.

I put my legs under my body and faced the TV.

The whole time I couldn't help but sneak glances at Oscar. And some times I caught him staring at me with a frown on his face. We haven't had proper conversation with each other since that day at the beach. As much as I wanted to speak to him, I had nothing to say.

He was no longer my problem. But the only probably is, yes Scottie gave me butterflies but Oscar had a whole firework show in my stomach. It scared me but it was also exciting. And that feeling was here, even when he wasn't saying anything. Just his presence ignites them.

I went back to the TV. It was less torture watching the movie than watching Oscar.

I laughed my ass off on the brink of tears at a scene and I couldn't stop. I was laughing so hard that everyone's eyes were on me but I couldn't see them properly from the tears.

"You okay Chica?" Pablo asked hiding his smile.

I probably looked like a mad woman and let's not get started about my laugh.  I had a painfully ugly ass laugh. Nails on board painful 

"It's fine. Okay I'm Okay." I calmed myself down wiping my eyes and fanning myself.

I looked over at Oscar who was finally showing some sort of emotion. I could see a small smile there. Faint but there.

"Refill anyone?" I asked looking at the two empty bowls. I only had one handful and it was gone before I could take any more. 

Everyone muttered a chorus of yeses and I got up taking the two bowls to the kitchen with me.

I opened the popcorn packet and put one in the microwave. Leaning on the counter crossing my arms watching the bag of popcorn turn.

I looked up as the one and only Oscar walk into the kitchen with an empty beer bottle.

My face scrunched up in disgust. He shouldn't even be drinking that. It tasted like shit and gave people beer bellies. He was too fine for a beer belly.

He didn't say anything but walked to the fridge which just so happens to be right next to me.

The microwave went off at the same time he closed the refrigerator door. I walked over and I attempted to remove the bag only to wince in pain at how hot it was, I dropped it back in and examined my fingers it was already turning red. I put it in my mouth trying  to stop the stinging sensation but it wouldn't go away.

What did I expect.

I turned around to see Oscar leaning on the fridge and just staring at me blankly. His presence was now annoying me because he wasn't doing or saying anything.

I wanted him to.

"You're dumb."  I frowned harder. This wasn't exactly the first words I wanted to hear from him.

I already knew that I was.

"Ha ha ha I'm blushing." I mocked walking over to the sink  

"Your fingers are. Look at it now."  He nodded towards my hand.

"Is that it? Want to tell me another dunb thing I do?" I questioned agitated . My fingers ached.

"I don't need to tell you, you already know the dumb shit you do."

Meeting you was one of them. Was something I wanted to say but we both know that it was a lie.

"What's your problem Oscar?" I had to ask.

"I have no problem with you Leigh-Anne." He crossed his arms and I mirroed his action after turning off the tap.

"Really? Did you follow me here to insult me? Tell me I'm dumb?" 

"I came here for beer." He looked down at his beer on the counter. 

He was being a pain. I was the one meant to have a smart mouth and he was the one meant to be riled up because of it. But the roles were reversed. I didn't like it.

"Okay then why are you still here?" He was getting under my skin.

He didn't answer but just stood there staring at me. With my frown plastered  on my face I stared at him.

I don't know why, but I wanted to cry. I was having one of those random emotional moments and I had no idea what set it off but Oscar had something to do with it.

All I could think about while staring at him was how happy he made me feel. How much I enjoyed his company and our little arguments but then I could feel every hurt he caused me. Every pain I went through because of him. It was all too much. 

I felt a tear run down my cheek and I immediately wiped it away. I didn't like crying infront of people. I don't like looking or feeling vulnerable with other people around. I'll rather do it in my own time when I'm by myself.

He frowned once he saw what I did.
"Leigh-" He walked over to me but I stopped him my hands between the two of us, I pushed him away.

"Don't."

I shook my head. This was the reason I hate getting attached to people. With Oscar I was a freaking sloth and he was a tree. I allowed myself to feel things and here I am hurt,sad and disappointed. A whole fool.

"Sometimes I wish I never met you." I whispered.  But I knew he heard it. He took another step back  and I finally had the courage to look up at him.

"Why did you allow me to feel things  only for you to turn into a disappointment?"  I asked him. He did all these cute shit with me. Claimed me acted protectively.  He gave me the impression that one day him and I could be a we.

"I wish I can tell you ma. I'm still tryna figure out shit on my end too. It's not the first time I've disappointed someone I care deeply about." My heart ached for this man.

I know I shouldn't have. My mind was telling me to leave it at that and let him walk away. To leave him alone but my heart yearned for him.

In long strides I was on my tip toes bringing his face down to mine.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me up so I was now sitting on the counter.

I pulled him closer, trapping him with my legs.

I forgot how good he tasted. How well his lips worked with mine.

The fireworks that came with him was having a full on light show in my stomach. It was all so overwhelming.

We were both startled when someone cleared their throat. He backed away from me and I quickly got down from my position.

With wide eyes we both stared at Chico. Oscar was really good at hiding his feelings but me on the other hand I felt hot,my cheeks were burning and I felt flustered.

"Yeah, Just came here for popcorn " he said awkwardly walking over to the microwave and pulling out the popcorn bag and taking a bowl with him.

"Resume your fuck fest." He smirked and left the two of us there.