Chapter Forty-two: Blank

Hours had passed since the last run of tests. My limbs were starting to become irritated from the on-and-off bouts of exercise, and I was starting to feel stir crazy from being in the same room for so long. At one point, I had asked to leave for just awhile, but was refused.

"We need you in a controlled environment in order for this data to be accurate."

That was all I was told. That, and, "Be patient." which was easier said than done. I gave my samples and worked my butt off. What more was there to do?

Suddenly, the door to the room opened, with both Nezu and Aizawa entering.

"You are all done, my dear!" announced Nezu, prompting Aizawa to help me out of the mask and the sensors.

"Really?" I asked, scrunching my face as the mask was pulled off, "That's it?"

"Well, for today." said Nezu, "We'll begin these tests again through the rest of this week."

I sighed.

'That's right. I forgot. We have to do this for an entire week.' I thought.

"Great. Looking forward to it." I said sarcastically, helping Aizawa remove the last of the sensors from my body.

"See to it that we continue this at the same time tomorrow." said Nezu to Aizawa, before turning around and heading out the door.

Aizawa nodded and waited a moment to make sure the coast was clear before looking back and me.

"How do you feel?" he asked me.

"Sore. And tired." I said, rubbing my legs which were still throbbing slightly.

"Can you walk?" he asked, "I can carry you."

"No," I chuckled, "I think I'm fine. I might need to walk a little slower than usual, but I should be okay."

He nodded and took my hand to help me get up off the chair.
My feet felt hot and achy from the running, and the muscles in my thighs twitched. I winced as I started to walk, each step feeling like I was stepping on hot coals. I could feel blisters starting to form on my toes and Achilles tendon. It likely didn't help that I was running in shoes that weren't equipped for exercise. I almost regretted not taking up Aizawa's offer to carry me, but tried to persevere.

"What time is it, by the way?" I asked as we continued to walk down the hallway.

"8:20PM." he answered.

My eyes widened in surprise as I shook my head.

"With how long I've been staying in here, it's almost like I'm back in school." I mused as I winced with each step.

He let out a huffed laugh but noticed my discomfort.

"Are you sure you don't need me to carry you?" he asked, visibly concerned.

"Yeah." I lied through gritted teeth, my pride definitely getting the best of me.

He sighed before swiftly picking me up, causing me to let out a squeak.

"Hey!" I shouted, trying to wiggle out of his grasp, "I said I could walk!"

"Yeah, and at this rate we won't be out of here until midnight. I'm merely picking up the pace." he said, giving my butt a good smack in an effort to get me to stop struggling.

My cheeks flushed.

"Itching to get out of here, are we?" I teased.

"Perhaps." he said, his lips curling into a grin, "I leave for patrol around 10. We should be able to get back to my place before 9, giving me ample time with you."