14

14, The adoration

Hope became busy the next days. His time was consumed by business matters and his blockmates. Typical night outs with his other friends.

Naubos din ang oras ko sa pag-aalaga ng pamangkin ko dahil ilang beses nagpunta sa bahay sina Kuya Benj.

The sembreak was such a quick moment to rest. It has ended fast and now we're back to face school matters again. It's the second semester but school time would be over soon one more time for Christmas break. Iyon lang talaga ang inaalala ko.

"Hah! 'Kala niyo ah!" mayabang na sabi ni Dyorda. "Ako talaga ang winner. Nag-effort pa kayo!"

He won that TikTok battle thingy. I already deleted mine on my feed. Nasa phone ko na lang iyon mismo naka-save.

Akala ko pa naman mananalo ako dahil kasama ko si Hope. Little did I know, girls who are crushing on him would just end up being jealous and mad at me.

Wow.

One thing that I also didn't know, Heidi is really planning to hide, literally. Sinabuhay masyado ang pangalan niya. No texts, no anything.

I honestly wonder how she is right now, knowing that she went to their rest house with her family. Nakauwi na siguro iyon at may pasok na rin sila sa NCC.

Nakuha ko pang sisihin ang sarili ko kung bakit kami nag-away. Dapat ba hindi ko na lang sinabi ang problema ko?

I thought of her so much that I even wonder if I can visit her in her dorm? I texted her, called her in her number several times and I didn't missed a single day to do that. Pero wala akong napala.

Are we really over, that's the question. It saddens me because our  anniversary is actually approaching.

I bought a disposable face mask from a drugstore near the university. I also brought my bucket hat with me to make sure that I'm safe enough from Mrs. Patricio or to anyone else's  accusing eyes. I only want to make myself at peace. I'm so tired of thinking over and over about Heidi's doings.

I rode a cab with my heart racing all the way to Heidi's dorm. I was silent as I entered the gates. I was looking down on my feet when the dog begun barking.

Hindi ako nito makilala dahil sa pagkatakip ng mukha ko at sa takot na baka makagat ako ay madalian ang paghubad ko sa face mask. The dog's bark subsided. But to my horror, the old woman I'm afraid of went out from a unit on the second floor.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang mabilis itong bumaba ng hagdan. The stairs is outside, specifically made for the tenants on the second floor.

Her smile was wicked and she looked at me with a worried face. Umiwas ako ng tingin. Ba't naman lumabas ka pa, Mrs. Patricio!

I was shocked more when she scolded the dog to move away and then she held the both of my hands.

"Uh, ano..." her smile was unsteady. "Sorry, ha? Pasensya ka na at parang napahiya yata kita noong alam mo na, noong nagkita kami nang hindi inaasahan ni mama mo. Masyado akong naging madaldal."

I didn't know what to say and she must've felt my hands shaking a little so she caressed them tenderly.

"Nagkamali ako doon sa sinabi ko. Masyado akong naging judgemental," she continued. "Humingi na rin ako ng pasensya sa mama mo at nagkamali ako sa naisip ko. Hindi pala kayo magkarelasyon ng isang estudyante rito. Akala ko kasi... Sorry ha! May boyfriend naman pala iyon! Nasabi ng mama mo tapos... nakita ko rin. Ang daming beses ng nagpunta rito at hindi ko lang hinahayaang matulog dito dahil syempre, ayoko naman ng ganoon."