Chapter 3

Scott sat in his room, wondering how to get Sofía out of this and where? He had no connections, except maybe one.. but it was too hard..he couldn't. But it was Sofía and he had to get her out of there. He picked up his phone and from a small box under his bed he had his number, his brother's number. He quickly dialled it.

''Hello?'' The other line said, and he felt a hole in his chest.

''Danny, it's me. Your brother, Scott. I need your help."

Sofía was locked in her room. She looked at the window, trying to open it but she couldn't. If only there was a way out. Something big would help, she searched for it so she could break the window but there was nothing, the lamp wouldn't work. He was good at this. She thought to herself. Besides, he would hear the noise. She walked towards the door, hearing that he was in conversation with some man.

''Please, I beg you Mr.Strickland, I will give you the money..I just need one more week. I swear, I'll have the money by then. It's settled.''

''I'm not really the waiting type..'' he said and snapped his fingers. One of his men must have aimed a gun at his head. ''Please...'' he cried out, it reminded her of her father. She had to get out of here. She digged into her pockets, to see if there was anything to find, thankfully there was. A pocket knife, that her father had given her. She smiled out of relief. Trying to scratch it so it would break through and she could open it from the outside. The glass was delicate so she had to be careful. YES! It worked.

''Fine.One more week,'' she heard Theo say outside as he gave in for the man.

All of a sudden her arm bumped into the lamp. No! Her eyes widened, it fell to the floor and broke. A loud noise came and Theo bursted through the doors.

He hissed. ''You think your so clever don't you, but not,'' he took her knife. ''Clever enough,'' he said through gritted teeth. He took her arm, dragging her outside of the room. ''You see this man, he was just about to live until your stupid clumsiness killed him.''

''No,'' the man said. He grabbed the gun from one of his men, aiming it at his head and quickly shot him. The man collapsed on the floor, dead.

''WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?'' Sofía cried out, tears streaming down her face.

 ''Everytime you try to escape, a man like him ... dies. Perhabs your father next time.'' Theo raised his voice so loud that it frightened her even more and he dragged her once again with him, throwing her into another room. ''Now there wont be any escape!'' He slammed it and locked it.

''You're a monster!'' She screamed by the top of her lungs, crying her eyes out and collapsed on the bed.