Chapter 24

Sofía sat on her bed with her back faced against the wall. The door opened and she glared at Theo who stood there like a statue watching her. He was in hit suit, his hands buried in his pockets. ''What?'' she asked smiling.

''Your dressed. ''

''So are you. You don‘t like that? ''

''No, I don‘t. '' He laughed and stepped closer to her. ''Not after being wrapped in your precious and beautiful body. '' He bent down, like he did before and his hand stroked over her thigh, this time it wasn‘t bare. She wore pants. ''I would do it again but we have company unfortunately and I have to find my sister. ''

''Your welcome to come out, you don't have to linger in here.'' 

''I'm fine, thanks,'' she said. ''When are you going to let the girl go? ''

''Who? ''

''The one we saw, at the club. ''

''Sofía, I‘m not sure I can. ''

''What? Why? ''

''Rules. ''

She furrowed her eyebrows, surprised. ''What happened to, you make me question my choices and maybe I can change some of them. ''

''Yes, some. Not all of them and I said maybe Sofía but I meant what I said. ''

''No you said it just to get in my pants didn‘t you?“

''What no? Ughh. '' He growled. ''Can you save the bitchiness for a while, I'm trying to find my sister!'' he shouted and rose up, stepping away from her. Sofía finally looked at him again. She rose up from the bed quickly and quickly walked to him. Their faces were so close to each other that they almost touched.

''Have you maybe considered that she doesn't want to be found?'' she snapped.

''What?'' Theo asked as he seemed to be clueless.

''Your so buried in drug dealing and whatever it is that you do that you can't even see how miserable she's been. She wanted to get out and this clearly was the only way out for her, and you know what? It's good that she did. ''

''Your lying.''

''Am I? What girl could possibly be happy living a life like she did? She was in a coma because of this life and she wakes up and you bring her back into it. And you push me away, I don't push you away. Yes your a monster but you don't have to be. You can love but you just don't think that I can love you. Not even after... our night. And your gonna keep acting that way, and all you will have is a broken heart and a broken alarm.'' She stared deeply into his eyes before turning on her heel and walking out of the room, she went into Elaine's room hoping to be left alone there.

Elaine was no longer lying in the hospital bed. She stood by the window, staring out. She observed the environment and she seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, it was good considering Cole wouldn't be able to find her. Elaine heard footsteps and turned around noticing that Edward stood there smiling. Elaine smiled back and turned her head to the window.

''Good to see that your recovering, you've made quite an improvement.''

''Yeah,'' she said still staring out the window. ''Doctor says I can go tomorrow,'' she said, sounding unethusiastic and Edward noticed.

''Look, I know your new here and all and you don't know really know me, but I could help you get an apartment.''

''I won't be staying for long, I'll just go to a hotel and stay there for awhile.''

''You shouldn't have to, you can stay with me until you go.'' Elaine turned around to face him and she couldn't help but notice that he was quite handsome, but her thoughts turned to Scott.

''You've done enough Edward, more then enough. I can't expect you to do more.''

''I want to, you can't stay alone while your still recovering.''

Elaine nodded, giving in. ''Ok, but that's it. No more favors.''

''Ok, deal.'' He laughed making Elaine's lips form into a smile.

A day later, Elaine had settled into Edward's house. He had a spare room, thank goodness for that. It was way nicer then at Theo's. Sure, Theo did have a quite big house with like 4 spare bedrooms but Elaine always liked a small house like this, it was more like home not an expensive house Theo bought  just because he could. She admitted to herself that she did like it.

''Are you sure no one needs to know where you are, no uncles, sisters, brothers?'' Edward asked making Elaine's heart jump.

She turned around to face him. ''I'm positive  Edward,'' she lied and he nodded. ''Don't you have any siblings, Edward?''

''Yeah, I do a brother but we don't talk anymore. He chose a lifestyle that I didn't want to be a part of.''

 ''Yeah, I understand,'' she said and continued to settle in.