24 || something special

Your hands were sweating and you could feel chills traveling down your spine. Today was the scheduled private conference hosted by the L/N company and Ootori Group to discuss the future inheritance of the biggest corporations in Japan, meaning that other wealthy families would be there too. 

It was decided the day before between you and Kyoya that you would arrive separately. You stepped through the glass double doors of one of the office buildings your family owned and was greeted by the staff left and right as they knew you were next to own this building. Walking to the elevators, you did your best to keep your poise and composed gentle smile that you were apparently known for. You stepped inside the elevator that was waiting for you and pushed the button to the highest floor, where your father's office and most important conference halls were located. 

Unexpectedly, the elevator stopped halfway and the doors opened to reveal a group you had wished to meet later. The Ootori family silently bowed their heads to you as they stepped into the elevator. You mentally gaped at Kyoya's older brothers as this was the first time seeing them. Kyoya was last to step into the elevator before the doors closed. As the elevator ascended, the air inside it was stiff and suffocating. 

You glanced to your left and made eye contact with Kyoya who bowed his head to acknowledge your existence. It was hard to pinpoint why it was so awkward, the Ootori's and your father already knew that you both had a thing for each other. 

The elevator finally stopped at the top and you quickly stepped out of the box to avoid any further interaction before the meeting. You saw other corporate families waiting outside the hall. Being the daughter of the host, you entered the conference room first and saw your father sitting at the end chair, organizing speech papers and information binders to hand out to each guest. 

"I'm here, father," you said, gaining his attention

"Ah, Y/N!" He replied cheerfully. "The meeting will start in a few minutes. Feel free to allow guests to find their seats and take your spot at my right, per usual." 

You nodded and did what your father requested. The guests started filing into their named seats. You took note of each family and where they would be sitting, the Ootori's being at your father's left. After a few minutes, the meeting started. 

Everything was going smoothly. Each family introduced themselves and gave a brief summary of their company with the future plans it held. You noticed that there were a limited number of females mentioned in the future plans but you knew that some of these families did have first born daughters. 

The L/N Company being last to share, your father stood to speak, "Hello. First off, I would like to thank you all for coming to this meeting. It is an honor to be able to be and speak in the same room with this group of fine people. As you know, I lead the L/N company alongside my daughter, Y/N  L/N," that was your cue to stand as the guests politely applauded and then sit back down for your father to continue his speech. "For the future of Pineapple Inc, when I retire, my daughter will rightfully take her place to lead this company as she has my full trust."