Chapter 27 - Acceptance

Chapter 27

"Nobody except my family and some close friends knew about this." Tinapik nito ang balikat ni Drew na bahagya Lang itong Tinapunan ng tingin tila Naiintidihan ang sinabi ng kaibigan.

Andrew don't actually know what Mike is talking about. But his gesture is like silently saying to just ride on his plan.

"I'm married sir. And if you want me to marry Thea or Dia, they could wait until I'm annulled." confident nitong sagot na nakangiti tila nagbibiro lalo nang bumaha ang gulat sa mukha ng mga kaharap.

Drew was shocked too of his revelation but remained composed. Ito ba ang ibig sabihin ng pagtapik nito sa kaniyang balikat? He's married? For real? Or was it just a scheme?

"How is that possible young man? But it's quite a good joke." simpleng sagot dito ng Ginoo.

"It's true, sir. You can take a look at the National Statistics Office to verify. We didn't disclosed this information sir because my wife and her family are living privately. Natalie and I are just close friends." He has an apologetic smile to look even more convincing.

Bahagya Lang sinulyapan ni Andrew ang kaibigan, at muli siyang tinapik ni Mike sa balikat tsaka umayos ng upo.

All of them seems at lost of words.

"Of you're only looking for a successor sir, why won't you choose Elizur? He's the best candidate you can have to run the company since he is your apprentice." Drew butt in to change the conversation about Mike's so called marriage.

"Well, he actually is my second choice!" napatingin ito sa lalaki na kanina pa walang imik.

"I can't. This - from nowhere - will marry my unica hija? He's dreaming." mariing pagtutol ni Mrs. Katharina na sinuyo pa ang lalaki na tila diring diri.

Napayuko na lamang si Dia sa kahihiyan. Alam niyang ayaw ng Mommy niya kay Elizur dahil sa hindi ito nagmula sa Kilalang pamilya. He was just a scholar that became an apprentice in the company. Lantaran ang pagpapahayag nito ng pagtutol.

"I'd rather choose this professor even if he has a child, than this one you called your second choice John."

"Katharina!" suway ng kaniyang asawa na tinapunan ito ng tingin na nagpatahimik sa Ginang.

"I don't want to be rude Mr. and Mrs. Cashmir, but the only Cashmir I want to marry is Thea. Dia knew that. I can do anything sir, only for Thea. She may hate me now or in the future, as long as she's free, it doesn't matter. You told me it was just an unrequited Love, and I haven't change her mind to choose me, But nonetheless, I'd rather choose her freedom than mine. I'd rather choose for us." Drew butted in again expressing his opinion in this matter looking at both the Cashmirs in the Eyes, sending them his sincerity and seriousness.

The next few minutes became a conversation of how and when will Andrew starts to work at CWI.

He felt they were all manipulated to confess. He was manipulated to say those words as if he was not forced at all. It was like a well planned trap to end the situation like this.

He said he wants the upper hand. Gusto niyang pumanig sa kaniya ang sitwasyon, pero sa huli, si Mr. John Cashmir parin ang panalo. Thea could runaway but is she really the target?

Natapos ang usapan nila na hindi maipinta ang mukha ng Ginang. Dia may have dodged the situation but she's lying in between. Her Mom doesn't like Elizur but her father favors him. She knew her mother would persuade her Father's decision about this.

Kinaladkad ng Ginang palabas ng building ang anak nito at wala namang nagawa si Dia. Elizur went back to his table outside the big office. Naabutan naman Nina Mike at Drew si Mrs. Charito sa lobby na nakikipag-usap kay Kish.