Chapter 22

Y/n's POV
It's a few days later and I am in school. I made sure my wig is nice and secure on my head so it can stay on without it falling off or someone trying to take it off my head. (Just in case you forgot what the wig looked like)

(Just in case you forgot ☺️)I was at my locker when I heard a familiar voice

I was at my locker when I heard a familiar voice. "Hey loser." I turn around to see Brenda. "What is it now Brenda?" I ask annoyed. "I just wanted to come up to you and tell you that I will gladly be taking the part as Juliet in this year's play." She said. "Good for you." I said still annoyed. "Awwwwwwww, is little miss sick girl sad she can't be in the play? Too bad! Maybe next time." She smacks my stuff out of my hands and walks off with her friends laughing. I got teary eyed while picking up my things, it was always a dream of mine to be Juliet in this year's play and I auditioned at the start but when my aunt told everyone that I have cancer they said I couldn't be in it anymore ☹️. "Hey Y/n I—- what happened? What's wrong?" Javi asks me. "Brenda got the part as Juliet. I wanted to be Juliet so bad! It's not that I'm not happy for her because I am but...I don't know." I said crying. "Awwww Y/n, it's okay! Don't be sad! There are many more plays you can participate in and many more parts. It isn't the end of the world! Next year you can be in a play okay?" Javi says wiping my tears. "Okay." I see Alex walking over towards me and giving me a hug. "It's okay babygirl. You'll be okay." Alex says rubbing my back. Alex and Javi helped me pick up the rest of my stuff and then we all went to class.
(Time skip to lunch)
We were all eating when the theatre arts teacher came in the cafeteria. "Hello students! I just wanted to remind you that the play for Romeo and Juliet will be this Friday in the auditorium! The play will probably take up your third and fourth period classes so after the play whoever has lunch or home room can go straight there after the play." Yes! I hate my third and fourth period class! I always get harassed in that class! The kids are so perverted and make sexual comments towards me all the time! They are always talking about my body and I get so uncomfortable! What makes it worse is that the teachers join in on it! "And before I leave I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Y/n Gatwetch, we love you and we hope you get better and beat cancer's butt!" The theater teacher says looking at me with a big smile. "Thank you Mrs. Cummington." I said awkwardly. The cafeteria was filled with applauses after that and then Brenda stood up. "Everyone, I know that Y/n wanted to play this part so bad this year! And cancer ruined it for her! So I gladly excepted this part on her behalf! I want to play this role for her to show her that I care about her." Brenda says with a devilish smirk. Such a bitch! She literally threatened to beat my ass the other day! "Awwwwww, thank you Brenda! I'm sure Y/n appreciates it!" "Anything for a friend!" Brenda says sitting back down. 95% of the students in this cafeteria knew she was bullshitting but didn't want to make a fuss out of it. She literally just said it to rub in my face!
(Another time skip I'm sorry)
I was walking down the hall to be met with a punch to the face by non other than Hailey! "Ow! What was that for?" I asked shocked. "I told you I was gonna get you! You didn't listen to me did you?" She asked angrily. Before I could answer she punched me again and proceeded to kick me in my stomach and gave it her all to hurt me and I was used to it! I always got beat up at this school even before I had cancer so it was nothing new to me. I walked out of the school limping with bruises, a black eye, a busted lip and burn patches. She burned me. Before I could reach the top of the stairs I got pushed down them by Jamal. He always hated me and would do anything to hurt me! I don't know why. "That's what you get you dumb fat ugly loser bitch! Please die already!" He said walking off. I slowly got back up and limped my way home. "Honey! What happened to you?!" My mom asks worriedly and scared. "M-mommy....I-..." Before I could finish my sentence I fainted in front of my mom. "AHHHHHHHH!!!! ZACH!!!! CALL 911!!! Y/N IS INJURED BADLY!!!!" My dad rushed to the phone and called the ambulance. I felt myself black out. What did I do to deserve this?
To be continued...