Chapter 52

Savannah's POV

When Devon dropped me off, I ran into the house and went to the parlour.

I saw mum's picture covered with a black veil.

I paused and looked at Ceejay and dad as they looked like they'd lost Someone.

I laughed.

"Very funny guys. Mum you got me now come out."

Ceejay locked eyes with me.

I searched for hope.

Hope that he was joking, lying teasing, mocking anything.

I'll forgive him.

But his eyes remained sad and he shook his head at me.

Then my head went back to what Kylie had said to me.

I'm going to do to you what I did to your mother and what I did to my sister.

Dead.

My mother was dead.

She was never going to smile at me again.

She was never going to threaten to cut my head off if I ruined her fashion show.

She wasn't ever going to be there to tickle me when I was too tired to smile in my photoshoots.

She wasn't going to be there to anymore.

Mum.

She was gone.

No.

I didn't even realize I'd started hyperventilating until Ceejay came to try and calm me down.

My chest was squeezing, I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't believe it.

I didn't want to believe it.

A selfish part of me wished I'd just stayed with Devon so I wouldn't know this.

But I would have found out anyway.

My mum.

She's gone.

I ran to my bedroom and jumped on my bed.

I was so caught up with crying that I didn't see the snake until it sank it's fangs into my wrist.

Luckily, I screamed loudly before the poison could work completely and I heard Ceejay come in.

I knew I was safe as he scooped me up in his arms and I closed my eyes.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Wake up sleepy head." She teased and I opened my eyes.

"Ajay?" She rolled her eyes.

"Of course its me stupid."

Her blonde hair was fuller and longer, more overflowing and her green eyes shone.

"What are you doing here?"

She looked at me like I was stupid.

"What am I doing here? The question should be what are you doing here. I waited for you but not long enough. First mum and now you? Is there some sort of slaughter going on down there?"

I didn't answer her question mainly because I'd kill her again if I opened my mouth.

"Mum is here?"

She nodded.

"Wait. Where is here exactly. Heaven?"

Ajay looked at me and started laughing.