Chapter 38

Savannah's POV

Jasmine and I gaped at her before I finally realized something.

"We've found the person." I said suddenly.

Everyone looked at me, completely confused.

"What do you mean?" Jazzy asked.

"We needed answers from one person who wouldn't loose anything from telling us the truth. Or how much truth he knows. And that person is your father Karen." I explained.

Devon looked at me, nodding slowly.

"You do know my dad lives in Nigeria, right?" Karen asked.

My face lit up at that.

I'd always wanted to go to Africa and the one time I'd gone was for a runway programme in South Africa.

I didn't get to meet nearly enough blacks.

"You still plan on coming, don't you?" Devon asked and I nodded excitedly.

Leo laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Fine. Leo, Karen and I would go, with you, and Jasmine on one condition."

I was bursting with excitement.

"And what's that condition?" I asked, knowing that Devon would never ask me to do something that would hurt me.

"Ceejay has to come along."

"Stab me with a knife, why don't you?" I asked, slightly annoyed that he wanted me to bring that liar of a brother.

"Fine, we'll leave tomorrow evening and we'll be staying for three days."

"I have a movie to shoot." I countered.

Devon smirked at me "don't worry princessa, we'll take care of that."

"Nobody dies." I ordered firmly.

He feigned hurt. "Of course, nobody dies."

Grinning widely, I wrapped my arms around him and he rested his chin on my head.

"Thank you so much." I whispered.

"You're welcome. But remember that he has to be here with you."

I locked eyes with him but he wasn't budging.

I knew he wanted us to fix our problems.

He didn't just want me to run from my brother.

My best friend.

I nodded and he hugged me, understanding my silent agreement to end the argument.

But Ceejay needed to squirm first.

The passage way was easier than driving so after saying our goodbyes, Jazzy and I headed back and out.

Immediately we stepped out of the library, I was grabbed by Sean.

"Where have you been?!" He demanded.

"Let go of me!" I ordered, twisting him away from my wrist and stomping as hard as I could on his foot.

I hated him for knowing and keeping tabs on me.

I hated him for training me not to be a burden.

I hated him for never truly caring for me, for just being my brother's pawn.

"Do you have any fucking idea how worried your brother was?!" He said.

"Do I look like I give a fucking shit?" I asked, glaring at him angrily.