Chapter 40

Savannah's POV

Each of us had our own rooms.

The house was that huge.

After refreshing myself, I decided to stroll around and saw Obi walking into a room.

He walked into a room and I snuck behind him.

The hallway was dark here.

I snuck behind him as he opened a door and followed him to a room.

He sat down on a huge chair then he laughed.

"You can come out now little one. I know you're following me."

I blushed heavily as he pulled out a chair for me to sit beside him.

"I'm sorry, its just -"

"You don't trust me."

Is everyone around here bluntly honest?

I nodded.

"Why? Because I'm black?'

"No. I promise it has nothing to do with that. Its just. My father kept this from me for a long time. I don't know who to believe. If my own dad could lie to me. What stops the rest of the world."

He  smiled at me and handed me a book.

I opened it.

It turned out to be a picture album.

"Donnie, Krystal, Blake and I where best of friends. However, I preferred to stay in the shadows. In all these pictures, I'm here. I'm just the person taking them. They where my family and I knew them more than anybody in the world. I was closest with Donnie though. Meanwhile Blake and Krystal where inseparable. We enjoyed the friendship until the day Krystal left. As far as I knew, she destroyed everything by leaving."

I looked at the pictures.

Guess betraying my family runs in Kylie's blood.

"Why do you think she left?"

"Okay. A professor came. He told them he had a medicine that could make humans use 100% of their brains. He made it and it didn't work. Except for one tube. That tube was to be sold for millions but on the day it was to be sold, it went missing and Krystal with it. Blake was furious so he tried searching for her. When he did eventually find her, she denied anything about the tube and blamed it all on Donnie. Donnie was an action person. He felt unwanted so he planned his death and eloped. I'm the only one of three of us that knows he is alive."

"Money? That's what destroyed all the friends?"

"Yes. That's what."

"Who do you think is with the tube?"

"Personally, I think its with Blake. Forgive me, I know he is your father but why else would he have this much money now?"

It made sense but he was my dad.

"My dad isn't a thief."

"I know. Blake was my close friend. But maybe he wanted it to impress Ari."

"My mother?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes little one. Both Blake and Donnie loved Ariana. You see, Ari was Donnie's friend first. They almost grew up together. However, she met Blake when they where teenagers. Somehow, she loved him more and here you are. But it all works out. Donnie was heartbroken though"

I imagined someone taking Devon from me and the pain I felt, made tears spring to my eyes for Donnie.

"He must have hurt."