Adarlan

Gritting his teeth, Aedion Ashryver pushed through the rows of the Bane with the face of his battered, dented shield. He couldn't call the Bane his legion, not yet, but though he did not command, he was still a soldier of the Bane.

Three years since the royal family of Terrasen were killed - and Aedion had given up all hope that Aelin was somehow alive. He was fighting here, in this downfall of his homeland, Terrasen. Fighting on the side of his enemy.

He blamed himself for the deaths of his family - but fighting for Adarlan, pretending his allegiance was with Adarlan, was all for vengeance. He had to fight with Adarlan to earn the King's trust - but he could not bring himself to kill his people.

No one had noticed that he had hardly drawn his sword throughout the battle. Nor did the rest of the rebel-soldiers in the Bane. Only butted the opposition aside with their shields.

The wind sang, and men hollered their war cries as metal on metal clashed through the Staghorns.

Rivers ran red and snow was trampled brown.

Adarlan marched forward, the mass of swarming black poised to vanquish Orynth - and bring Terrasen to its knees.

***

bahaha im terrible at writing battles actually first time nvm

i struggled with the facts here because darrow said aedion fought in theralis when he was sixteen, and cuz aelin and aedion have a five year age difference that means celaena SHOULD be eleven rn... but then i got confused because i remembered aedion 'fought' for the king. so i hope i got the who-is-allying-with-who right...

hope you... enjoyed... still no synonyms? hoped you... liked it?

also just be warned the last few chapters of this Part were written when the rest of the online class was watching 'the martian' (via screen sharing) and i was bored so sorry if its soooo random but i was bored and hope you enjoy again!