To the Stars

Warm summer nights
Are full of gentle breezes.
Look up; the sky glows.

Celaena Sardothien sat atop the emerald-tiled roof of the Assassin's Guild.

Seven years.

Seven years since Aelin had died.

She tucked her knees under her chin and gazed outwards.

Dusk settled like a blanket over the city.

Red, then pink, then purple, then blue.

And then the stars - speckles of silver splattering the sky.

Celaena tilted her head up. The moonlight glimmered in her eyes, turning the band of gold to pure flame.

I dream of a land filled with pine and snow. I gaze at the stars in our sky so I'll never forget, and welcome the darkness because it is kind. They are our stars because they hold our dreams - the ones we wish and whisper. I gaze at the crackling fire and the embers that lay within so I will always remember who I am.

She did not know where those words came from, only that it was truth - all of it - and she would accept them.

You are beautiful. You glow with the light of embers - and have a heart of fire.

She gave a soft smile that no one but the stars could see, because... Fireheart. She was still Fireheart.

Celaena looked up, and found Him.

'I see you,' she breathed. 'I see you, and I promise I will never forget.'

For the Stag remains constant - no matter the season, he's always there. So the people of Terrasen will always know how to find their way home. So they can look up at the sky, no matter where they are, and know Terrasen is forever with them.

And high above, the Lord of the North flickered in response.