Chapter XXIII

Brittany was rudely awakened by the sound of someone pounding on the front door, she thought Rachel would open the door. She squinted her left eye and saw it was 9 am which means she's at work. Brittany groaned loudly and got up and went to the front door. 

"What!?" she snapped.

"Well that's why one way to greet someone you haven't seen in 15 years," a deep voice said. 

Brittany wiped the sleep away from her eyes and was surprised as to who she saw who's at the door. 

"RYAN?!" Brittany said at the tall blonde guy.

"The one and only sis," Ryan grinned. 

Brittany choked on her tears, "oh my god, I missed you so much!!" 

"Me too, c'mere" he pulled her into a tight bear hug. 

When they pulled away, Ryan went into the apartment and set his duffle bag down. Brittany went into the kitchen and made some coffee, pouring a cup for her and her twin brother. 

"So why didn't you call me?" Brittany asked handing him the cup. 

"Thanks and I wanted to surprise you," Ryan shrugged. 

Brittany laughed, "well it was one hell of a surprise." 

"Yeah,"

"So how long are you staying?" Brittany asked. 

"Actually I finished my time and I'm back for good," Ryan replied. 

"Seriously" Brittany quirked up. 

"Yeah Bubs" Ryan grinned, while Brittany grinned at the nickname he gave her when they were kids. 

"I'm glad, are you going to live here or go to Lima?" Brittany asked taking a sip of coffee. 

"Here, um can I crash here until I find a permanent place," the blonde asked. 

"Of course, we have a spare room it's not too big but you'll manage," Brittany stated. 

"Great, so Bubs I saw you got a special person in your life," Ryan smirked. 

Brittany blushed, "yeah her name is Santana and she's amazing." 

"With your posts on Instagram and Snapchat, she does look pretty amazing and who's her little friend by the way?" Ryan said. 

"Uh, it's her daughter" Brittany mumbled enough for him to hear.  

"Oh, what happened to the father?" Ryan asked, hope he's not intruding too much. 

"He's in jail, but that's all I can say. The rest is for her to tell you," Brittany said.

"No, no I understand. So umm can I meet her?" Ryan asked. 

"Yeah, wanna go now cause I was about to go over there when I woke up," Brittany said. 

"For sure," 

"You wanna shower or take off the uniform?" Brittany asked. 

"Nah, I think I'll stay in this for the day," Ryan smirked. 

"Ahhhh don't you dare try to scare my girl with your solider antics," Brittany said.

"I won't Bubs, I promise" Ryan laughed. 

"Okay, imma go shower and we'll be on our way. You just make yourself at home and get settled in the guest room," Brittany said. 

Ryan nodded and smiled and loved that her sister hasn't changed a bit.