Chapter XXIX

It's almost been 2 months since Santana and Brittany got married and a month since they moved to Florida. Quinn had enrolled in the Orlando Police Department and it's been really good for her. She officially started dating Ryan 2 weeks after moving. Ryan decided he would try to find what state he would be more comfortable with. Alize started a new art school which is right across from their home. 

Santana and Brittany are looking for a space to make a new dance and recording studio, and haven't had any luck yet so they both put their careers on hold and focus on different things until they find stable ground. 

Santana was driving home from the supermarket when she saw a blonde little girl with a baby in her hands with a torn tent above them. Her clothes very ripped and dirty and looks like they haven't had a stable living in a while. Santana parked her car and got out and walked up to them slowly trying not to startle them. The girl looked no more than 4 or 5 years old and the baby only looks 8 months. 

Santana crouched down to eye level with the girl and baby, "hi," she spoke softly. 

"W-wh-who are y-you" the little girl's voice shaking. 

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you I'm Santana," she held out her hand. 

"I'm Ava and this is my baby brother Atlas," she said softly. 

"it's nice to meet you, where are your parents Ava?" the Latina asked carefully.  

"My daddy told us to wait here until he comes back," 

"and your mom?" 

"I haven't seen her since Atlas," Ava said sadly. 

Santana's heart broke, "how long have you been here?" she looked around the place looked completely abandoned, and not a person in sight, just a few cars speeding by. 

"a week" 

"Okay, Ava, how about I take you and your brother to my home and clean you up a bit?" Santana asked. 

"Please, no one will help us and I don't think daddy is coming back" Ava's tears starting to fall down. 

"Okay sweetie, let's go, it is okay if we make a quick little stop?" Santana taking the girl's hand. Ava shook her head, the brunette took the little blondes and helped them into the car, she wished she had a car seat, hopefully, she won't get a ticket or. Santana took a glance at Atlas and he looks so peaceful sleeping, she strapped them in and went back to the driver's seat, and went to go some stuff for the baby and Ava. 

An hour later, they got to the house, Santana took the groceries inside and everything else she bought. She came back out and took Atlas into her arms gently not waking him up and held Ava's hand. She closed her car door and walked into the house calling for Brittany. 

"Hey babe what were you doing so -- long?" Brittany walking in seeing Santana with two kids now extremely confused. 

"We have a bit of a situation" Santana looking at the two kids. 

Brittany started to say something but Quinn came in, "San did you buy... who are they?" 

Santana told them the story of her coming home from the supermarket, Brittany and Quinn both had tears falling down. 

Brittany walked up to Santana and kissed her forehead, she looked down to Ava and saw her hiding behind Santana. 

Santana looked down to Ava, "sweetie this is my wife Brittany, and that is Quinn my best friend, their not going to hurt you." 

"Wife?" Ava scrunched her nose, it was beyond adorable. 

"Yeah, that's not an issue right?" Santana asked carefully. 

"No, I think it's cool," Ava slightly smiled. 

"Mammiiiii" Alize came whining and pouting. 

"What's wrong baby?" Santana asked. 

"I-" Alize stopped as soon as she saw her mom holding a baby and Ava hiding behind Santana and Brittany. 

"Honey this is Ava and Atlas, and Ava this is our daughter Alize," Santana introduced them. 

"Hi," Ava shyly said. 

Alize smiled and gave her a wave. "What did you want Al?" Brittany asked. 

"I'm hungry" Alize pouted.

"Okay how about mommy go start dinner and you go and help Ava and me and Quinn will take care of Atlas," Santana said, they all nodded. 

After a good 35 minutes, Atlas was with Quinn sleeping on her bed making sure he doesn't fall off. 

"San what are we going to do?" Brittany asked. 

"I don't know Britt but I couldn't just leave them there," Santana hugged the blonde. 

"I know babe, but you do realize we need a car seat and a crib for the time being," Brittany rubbed her back.

"Yeah I know," Santana sighed. 

"We'll get through this don't worry," the blonde kissing Santana on the side of her head.