Chapter XXV

It is officially been a year for the budding love of Santana and Brittany. They were both very excited and over the moon. Brittany was more excited because she has a very special surprise for her Latina girlfriend. For their 1 year anniversary, Brittany managed to convince Santana to take a trip to California. Santana thought Quinn, Ryan, and Alize are home resting but they are actually also in Cali. Santana and Brittany are at the Ojai Valley Inn. 

Brittany was itching to wake up the brunette but it was still really early since their late-night activities went on till 4 am. The blonde decided to try and fall back asleep and within 10 minutes she fell asleep. 

Hours later Brittany woke up to an empty bed, she frowned. She smelled vanilla coffee, she dragged herself out of bed and walked into the kitchen and saw her beautiful girlfriend flipping pancakes. Brittany walked up to her and wrapped her arms around the brunette's waist and rested her chin on her shoulder. 

"Good morning," Brittany kissed her cheek. 

"Mmm morning," Santana smiled. 

"That smells really good babe," Brittany said.

"Well I try," she shrugged. 

"I love you," 

"I love you too," 

Brittany and Santana ate their breakfast in comfortable silence, speaking once in a while and laughing. They both washed the dishes and headed to the couch and cuddle watching anything interesting they could find. 

"Babe I don't wanna watch that," Santana whined.

"But this is the only thing good," Brittany countered. 

"They look so ugly and disgusting," Santana argued. 

"San, it's called the walking dead for a reason, and come on we have 2 hours before our dinner, please for me?" Brittany tried to reason with her. 

"You're so lucky I love you" Santana mumbled, Brittany smiled in victory. 

After a good hour and a half, the two girls got themselves ready for their anniversary dinner. They both look absolutely breathtaking. Santana was wearing a tight fight black strapless dress, whereas Brittany was wearing a red one. 

"You look beautiful," Brittany said dreamily 

Santana looked at the floor and blushed, "so do you, baby." 

Brittany leaned down and gave Santana a deep passionate kiss which she returned just as passionate. 

"Ready?" Brittany said catching her breath. 

Santana nodded, they both walked out and headed to their destination. It wasn't a far way since there was a restaurant in the Inn. A waitress came to them and wrote down their order and brought for them when it was done. The two girls were talking about work or how Santana singing is going and Brittany's studio. After they finished eating, Brittany and Santana walked back to their room but out to the beautiful view. When they got there Santana was in awe of the beautiful decorations. 

Santana looked at Brittany, "did you do this?" 

"Maybe"

"You're amazing" 

"No you are," 

After a few moments, Santana heard someone playing the guitar and playing the song Songbird. The Latina loved it but was a bit confused. 

"Baby, let's walk up a bit more," Brittany said. 

When they walked up Santana was dumbstruck, she saw her best friend, her girlfriend brother, and her beautiful daughter with signs saying, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Santana looked back and saw Brittany on one knee with a box with a 4 carat diamond ring inside. 

"Santana from the day you came into my dance studio with that little bundle of joy, was the day I knew you are going to be something really special in my life. I thought it would've been a best friend but I got so much more than what I expected. I got a wonderful girlfriend and a daughter. You've given me life Santana, I wasn't really living but ever since you came everything just became so much lively. I want you to know that I want to show you and tell you how much I love you for the rest of my life if you'll let me. I can never imagine my life without anyone but you. You are my soulmate Santana. So, Santana Marie Lopez, will you do the honor of becoming my wife?" Brittany never looking away from Santana.

Santana has tears streaming down her face and she nodded really quickly.

"Yes?" she asked hopefully. 

"YES! YES!!!" Santana screamed. 

Brittany laughed with tears also streaming down her face, she took out the ring and placed it on Santana's finger. Santana pulled Brittany and kissed her deep, "I love you so much" she said gasping for air. 

"I love you more baby," 

"Momma, Mami!!" Alize ran to her mothers. 

"Hey there," they both said. 

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!" Alize screamed. 

"Yes baby we are," Santana laughed. 

"Also thank you all for helping me on this," Brittany said. 

"You four are extremely sneaky huh?" Santana quirked an eyebrow. 

"Yes we are" Alize winked

They all bursted into laughter and went back into the house and celebrated.