Chapter 49: Truth

"My Dad has an illegitimate child, Zoey."

My eyes grew wider as my lips slightly opened in shock. Napapikit ako nang ilang beses, hindi makapaniwala sa narinig.

"What? H-how?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko sa kaniya. I'm almost speechless.

He look at me in the eyes... His eyes... They look so sad.

He gulp before continuing.

"My Dad... He was just a victim. He was drugged..."

I was just loooking at his eyes, his teary eyes... Seeing him with those sadness in his eyes... hurts me.

"By my own mother..." unang tumulo ang luha niya sa kaliwang mata niya hanggang sa nagsunod-sunod na 'yon.

Gulat man ay agad kong naintindihan kung ano man ang ibig niyang sabihin. Ngunit gusto kong marinig iyon mula sa kaniya. Napalunok ako nang parang may kung anong bumara sa lalamunan ko, my eyes got wet.

Lumapit ako sa kaniya saka ko pinunasan ang mga luhang dumadaloy sa mga pisngi niya.

"I-I'm the illegitimate child of my father, Zoey."

He sob after saying those words... He covered his face with his palm. My tears were also starts to flow down to my cheeks.

He look so vulnerable.

Seeing him in this kind of situation never came in my mind. Hindi ko inakala na makikita ko siya sa ganitong sitwasyon, he look so soft and fragile. Parang gusto ko nalang siyang protektahan. I can't believe he just show me this side of him. Malayong malayo sa Jack na nakilala ko.

"It's okay..." I leaned closer as I remove his hands on  his face. I smile while still crying as I put my hands on his cheeks, wiping all of his tears.

"Tell me everything..."

Jack's P.O.V.

My own mother sent me on my father's house right after she gave birth to me. My father and his wife is aware about my existence. Yes, he's  married with other woman. But despite that, my father is always giving me and my mother a support, even when my mother is still pregnant with me. And despite what my mother did to them, my father's wife still accepted me.

I am a mistake. I shouldn't be born in this world in the first place. My own mother made a huge mess just because of money. She's a gold digger and she's so obsessed with my father. I know It's bad to just badmouth my own mother, but it is the truth.

When the Skywalkers saw me outside their door in a fruit basket with my swaddlig clothes, and a letter saying "I'll leave him to you -Claire", and without any other things, they were so happy. Especially Mrs. Skywalker. She's beyond happy, even if I am the result of his husband's mistake.

Mrs. Skywalker, my father's wife said that as soon as I entered the mansion, the awra of the whole mansion enlightened. My half siblings---my siblings were so happy and excited when they saw the baby me.

"As soon as I saw you, it felt like... all of my grudge against your mother, disappeared". I can still remember her saying those words when i am still seven.