Chapter 50: Unveiled

Zoey's P.O.V.

Jack is now sleeping after he told me everything. I should be the one resting right now but I think he is the one who really needs some rest, after all of what he have done to hide it from me just for me to not get worried and get stress.

How did he managed to overcome all of that in such a young age? Now I know why I first met the cold and serious Jack. He was hurt. After all, he has the right to.

I brush his hair using my fingers while he's hugging me, I was taken aback when I heard his phone ring.

Hanz. That's the name of the caller.

Wait...

Is it the same person he was talking to earlier?

I was going to answer it when Jack groaned, he heard the ring.

Kinusot-kusot niya ang mga mata niya bago tingnan ako at ang hawak kona hanggang ngayon ay nagriring pa rin.

"Who is it?" he asked in his low voice as I handed him the phone. When he saw the caller's ID he immediately answer it.

"Hanz, what is it?" I stared at jack as he is talking to Hanz through the phone.

"Sir, we found the culprit" he set it in a loud speaker so I will able to hear it. What does he mean culprit?

Jack then look at me, I just look at him confuse and he gave me a look that telling me he'll explain it later, I just nod.

"Is it about the company issue or about the spreading news or the other---" he was cut off.

What does he mean by "the other"?

"The culprit of all of this mess, Sir" after Hanz said those words, Jack's face became more serious. It was as if he is ready to kill someone just by his glares.

"Tell me who is it, Hanz?" he said emphasizing every words coming out from his mouth.

Ilang sandaling natahimik sa kabilang linya. It was as if Hanz was hesitating to say who the culprit is.

"Sir, its..." Hanz then sigh heavily.

Kunot noong naghihinitay lang si Jack sa mga susunod na sasabihin ni Hanz.

"It's the Rodriguez's daughter, sir. And based on the given information, Mr. Rodriguez, her father knows all about her doings, sir"

Kitang-kita ko ang pag-igting ng panga ni Jack nang marinig niya ang sinabing iyon ni Hanz.

"Thank you, Hanz" ibababa na san iyon ni Jack nang magsalita ulit si Hanz.

"Sir, may kailangan po kayong malaman" Hanz said.

"What is it?" nakakunot ang noo ni Jack habang sinasabi ang mga katagang 'yon.

"Sir, the rumors about the illegitemate child of Skywalkers is getting out of hand, someone seemed to be spreading rumors about your brother being the illegitimate child. And the person behind this was also Ms. Rodriguez"

"Call a presscon, I need to end that fvcking rumor, my brother doesn't have anything to do with it, he may laugh at me right now if he hears me say these words but I don't care, he doesn't deserve that. He's always the one who protects me, and I understand that because he is my older brother. But I don't want him to get hurt because of me, not again"

Right. He has an older brother, i didn't meet him yet. I wonder where is he and if I could meet him? Jack never mentioned about him, even his name. I just knew about it when he confessed to me earlier.

"Copy, sir" Hanz answered on the oher line.

Nang maibaba ni Jack ang cellphone niya ay agad ko siyang tinanong.