Chapter 9

Maya's POV

"Ok so I am getting steak, ribs and wings for the grill. Then I am making Stephs favourite potato dish"

"Yes" she pumps her fist in the air.

"Alex your mom is bringing some sort of noodle dish and a salad. And then Steph your mother is bringing some homemade bread and also a salad. My mother can't cook anything so she is bringing nothing. That is the main dishes but my sisters are also bringing something but as long as we enough food right"

"And booze" Alex chants and Stephanie high five's her comment. Alex can't even drink that much but that's all they care about.

I look at both of them sitting up against the headboard of our bed. I am sitting at the end of the bed so both their attention is on me. I sigh in frustration every time we have a family gathering it puts a lot of pressure on me. I have to sort out the food and that's the main part.

Ok I brought it on myself because if I left them in charge we won't have a balanced meal. They will just have meat and bread. The easiest things. So I guess this is all my fault but nevertheless I actually like it.

"Baby everything is going to be fine. Everything is set and ready for tomorrow. Can you please just come get under the covers?" Stephanie pouts at me.

"Yes please. I want to sleep" Alex says already laying down on her pillow.

I put my notebook on the nightstand and get inbetween them. Stephanie has put on some movie for us to watch. Alex is certainly not going to watch, as I feel her wrapping her arm and leg around me.

"Good night baby" I say giving her a long lingering kiss. Stephanie leans over me and does the same before Alex tucks her head close to mine.

I lace my fingers with Stephanie's just as she turns out the bedside lamp. The only light is coming from the tv as her and I watch the movie. We like to have Friday night movie nights and usually Alex is always up for it but she had a long day and all of us have a long day tomorrow. So we probably won't even make it through this first movie.

The whole family is coming over tomorrow. As in everyone. Alex's mother, mama Woods and younger brother Dylan who is in law school now and he is a very handsome guy. Stephanie's parents papa Clair, mama Clair. Her older brother Steven and his wife Karen, they have a son Brandon who is now 6 . My parents are coming mama and papa Bishop and then my sisters. Youngest one is Hailey, she is a senior in high school, she apparently has a boyfriend who is coming with. Oh gosh help that poor boy. Willow is the middle child, currently also seeing someone but not sure if he is coming through. Then me and my twin sister Jamie is the eldest. She is married to Lucas and they have a little 7 month old girl Lucy.

What a big family we have.

....

It's almost 12am and everyone is coming in an hour. I have been up since 8am. I wanted to start at 7am but I was a bit occupied by my lovely wives. I could never say no to a love making session in the shower. Those are the best kind. It was a great stress reliever for all of us.

It's a beautiful summers day. Stephanie and Alex have helped me so much this morning. They know I am stressed about the food so they both jumped in and helped me with the seasoning of the meat. We made dessert and we got everything ready outside. The table and chairs are packed out. The fridge is full of booze and everything is ready.

I look out the kitchen window and Stephanie and Alex are looking fine as hell. They are both wearing jean shorts just like me. Alex is wearing a plain white shirt and Stephanie is wearing a maroon tank top. We all have our bathing suits on because it's set to be a nice day out.