Chapter 15 - Finals

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 15: Finals

Naruto and his team arrived back at Konoha in the afternoon the day before the exams. The hokage had kept there room open for them so they went strait to the hotel so they could relax.

"So do you think Orochimaru will show up tomorrow?" Naruto said knowing his sensei was in the room hidden.

"Damn it kid, you're worse than Sarutobi sensei" Jiraiya said as he let his chameleon jutsu drop.

"I can see your chakra, not that difficult, and you are the one who taught me to look for traps or intruders when entering a room" Naruto said.

"Yeah I guess I did. As for your question I would bet my life on it" Jiraiya said.

"Then his life ends tomorrow. He needs to pay for what he has done" Naruto said.

"You think you can take him?" Jiraiya asked.

"Whether I think I can or not is irrelevant. He is evil. He has no regrets, no remorse and no mercy to his victims. And to stop him from harming anyone else, I will end him no matter what it takes" Naruto said determination evident in his voice.

"Well if anyone can do it, I am sure you will find a way" Jiraiya said a tiny hint of sadness in his voice, he still considered Orochimaru somewhat a friend.

"Did you find out anything from Akaru about the attack on Konoha?" Naruto asked trying to change the subject.

"No he couldn't find out anything of substantial interest so he is going to back to the hide out. We cant sneak him into the village, he might be targeted by Konoha ninja during the fighting" Jiraiya said.

"He is classified as a missing ninja in the Land of Lightening I guess" Naruto sighed.

"Anyway you better get some rest, big day tomorrow after all" Jiraiya said.

"Yeah I know, don't worry about me" Naruto replied.

Jiraiya left after that and Naruto decided to have an early night.

(The Next Day)

Naruto and the other finalists were standing together in the center of the arena, all of them besides Sasuke who had yet to show up.

"Hey Haku, looks like your opponent chickened out" Akimi joked.

"I doubt it. He will show, probably just wants to make some grand entrance" Naruto said.

"Just make sure you kick his ass Haku" Akimi said happily.

"Worry about yourself, from what I have heard your opponent is considered a genius in his clan" Haku said.

"A Hyuuga, we learned about them in the academy when they were talking about famous clans from around the elemental nations. They are taijutsu specialists, but so am I" Akimi replied.

"Yes but your opponent in the preliminaries has never been able to defeat him" Haku said.

"How did you find that out?" Naruto asked.

"I like to talk to people and one of the people I happened to talk to was the teammate of Akimi's opponent Tenten" Haku said.

"Fair enough, I wonder if Jiraiya sensei has placed his bets for the first round" Naruto said looking around to find his sensei in the stands but couldn't see him anywhere.