Chapter 54 - Itachi's New Eyes

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 54: Itachi's New Eyes

On the side of a desolate road in one of the most isolated area's of the Land of Fire, stood two large building's. On the outside they appeared to be nothing more than a roadside tavern with a separate building for it's guest rooms. It could be said that the only thing unusual about these very standing two leveled constructs was that all around them there were no signs of any of the forest's that littered the expanse of the Land of Fire, in fact their was barely a tree in sight.

One could be remiss for believing that this was indeed a normal establishment, but as a wise man once said, 'A ninja's greatest tool is deception'. This was no ordinary tavern, inside sat some of the worst criminals in all of the fire nation, this was the Head quarters for the Land of Fire branch of the black market bounty office and mercenary higher. This was where the underworld turned when the hidden villages refused their request, or simply wanted to save some money.

It was because of this reason that two ninja were slowly approaching with the deceased body of a monk draped over ones shoulder. "Look at this place, what kind of fucking idiots would live in a place like this!" Hidan scoffed looking at how desolate the land was in the area.

"The kind of Idiots, that know it's better to not draw any attention to themselves. And don't want customers. They would scare the regulars away" Kakuzu replied grumpily.

"Or could that just be you? After all almost everyone who works with this place has a bounty on their heads, and we both know how much you love a bounty" Hidan laughed in reply.

"It is not the bounty I love, it's the money! Money is the only thing that truly has any meaning in this world everything else is just for idiots like you, Hidan" Kakuzu grumbled.

Hidan gained a large tick mark on his forehead and swung his scythe in anger at his partner, genuinely trying to remove his head from his body. Kakauzu however stopped the blade with a single hand, and spinning around impaled Hidan with a kunai directly between the eyes. "Ow, fucking great, first the insult now this, you're a real asshole Kakuzu" Hidan swore under his breath as he removed the kunai.

"You say that, but you attacked me first" Kakuzu replied.

"And you disrespected my religion, and Jashin-sama" Hidan replied.

"Shut up, you damn extremist!" Kakuzu snapped.

The pair continued bickering until they came to the door of the pub, where Kakuzu silenced Hidan with a strong fist to the face. A greeter opened the door for Kakuzu and slowly backed away into the shadows.

The man behind a very depressing looking counter looked up when he saw the door open and immediately his eyes widened in shock of who it was that had just entered. There was not a bounty office in all of the elemental nations that didn't know who the Immortal Kakuzu was. Being one of the main offices for the black market had meant that the fake barman had paid Kakuzu before for one of his many kills. "Ah Kakuzu, a pleasure to see you again. And this must be your new partner, I do hope he lasts longer than some of your others" the man said cheerfully.

While the the man behind the desk was in good spirits the others in the tavern were all sweating. There was always a strong possibility that the Akatsuki's self proclaimed financier would find any of them annoying or that their individual bounties would become large enough that Kakuzu would take interest in them.

They all let out a collected sigh of relief when they saw the body of Chiriku however, it was always a good sign when Kakuzu had a dead body slapped over his shoulder, as it would mean that he wouldn't be as likely to attack them.