Chapter 56 - Death Of The Zombie Brothers

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 56: Death of the Zombie Brothers

"Who the fuck are you!" Hidan yelled in anger as he picked himself up off the ground. His wounds were slowly healing themselves but he still sported two large holes in his chest.

Naruto didn't answer and in a burst of speed raced over to pick up Asuma's body.

'He's fast for a shrimp, and that was a powerful Fuuton jutsu. A long range assassination type jutsu used with such ease is no simple task' Kakuzu thought slightly impressed, as the fight between himself and Kakashi had stopped to assess the new comers.

Naruto quickly carried Asuma back to where Akimi stood and placed him down on the ground. "Hey that's my kill!" Hidan yelled.

"Who cares about that, Asuma Sarutobi has an incredibly high bounty, they are trying to steal it!" Kakuzu yelled in anger.

"You're both wrong!" Naruto declared loudly with his back turned to them. "He is a ninja from Konoha where I was born, and he is going to continue to be one... … Summoning of the Outer Path, Samsara of Heavenly Rebirth" he added while performing a hand seal.

The King of Hell statue arose from the ground it's eyes rippling with the Rinnegan and as it opened it's mouth a green stream of chakra shot from it's mouth and enveloped Asuma's body.

Everyone stood transfixed at the statue and then Asuma who sat up shaking his head. "Wh-What the hell happened" he said groggily.

"Well you were dead for a couple of minutes, but it's no big deal" Naruto said offhandedly with a smile.

Hidan was shocked, he was positive that Asuma was dead, but he also noticed the ripple pattern and color of the statues eyes. Finally Naruto turned to face Hidan removing his hood to show his face. Hidan took a step back when he saw the same eyes he had seen many times before from his boss stare back at him. "Hey Kakuzu isn't that"

"Yes it is, to think we would run into something like this" Kakuzu said. 'Those are the same eyes that Pein has, and he's not short he is just young. Is this what Kakashi meant, was he expecting this to happen?' he added in thought.

Naruto had his eyes set on Hidan. "So you're the Akatsuki, I guess this must be your lucky day. It's not often a jinchuuriki goes looking for you, looks like I saved you the problem of finding me" he said calmly.

Hidan and Kakuzu's eyes widened at this declaration. "You mean you're the-"

"That's right, I'm the Kyuubi jinchuuriki" Naruto cut Hidan off. "And you are the one who killed Akaru Hayaku" the blond added still not taking his eyes from Hidan.

"Yeah what of it!" Hidan replied the shock of seeing not only Naruto but the Rinnegan subsiding.

"He was a good friend of mine" Naruto called back sternly.

"So fucking what, you want to kill me now for revenge? You really are a child" Hidan taunted.

"No I don't want to kill you, I want to destroy you. But not for revenge, I will destroy you to stop you from hurting more people" Naruto said.