Chapter 59 - Search For Clues

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 59: Search for Clues

Naruto and Akimi entered the Yoinokuchi hideout to find it dark and empty, Jiraiya and Itachi having left to locate the other members of the group. It had been a relatively trip back through the land of fire. The usual cheeriness and banter that the pair shared was replaced by a comfortable silence. Naruto knew Akimi was still grieving the loss of her brother, even if she refused to admit it he could tell.

Akimi had spent the last few days going over the events of the week in her head, from losing her brother to landing the finishing blow on Kakuzu. She was feeling a lot better, she still insisted on having Naruto around at all times, she was glad that despite the fact they they were not joking around and turning everything into a competition or a game, that they still were comfortable being in each others company. She knew Naruto was at a loss for what to say to comfort her, but that didn't bother her at all, words didn't need to be said his mere presence was enough for the dark haired kunoichi.

"Looks like nobody is home" Naruto said before as they walked further into the underground complex.

"Good" Akimi said quietly.

"Not ready to face the others yet?" Naruto asked kindly.

Akimi shook her head. "It's not that, it's just we haven't had any time with just the two of us in so long, sure we have had a few moments, but not like this with the whole place to ourselves" she said softly.

Naruto smiled and pulled Akimi into a hug, he wanted so badly to claim her lips with his own but resisted not wanting to do something like that while she was grieving. "Well then lets hope for a few days of it just being us" he said.

Akimi smiled as she let her head rest on the blond jinchuuriki's shoulder before nuzzling into his neck. "Come on, let's get something to eat, I feel like I haven't had a proper meal in days" Naruto said softly, grabbing Akimi's hand and dragging her off to the kitchen.

"That might be because we haven't had a proper meal since we left Konoha, and that was a couple of days ago" Akimi laughed, for the first time since Akaru had died.

"Oh yeah, well even more of a reason to have something amazing now then!" Naruto said with a smile.

"Were not having Ramen" she said knowing exactly where Naruto was heading.

"Oh man you've gone and Ramen blocked me, uncool" Naruto joked happy to see the kunoichi smile and laugh again.

"You were just talking about eating a proper meal! Ramen isn't a adequate meal" Akimi chuckled.

"It's not like it's soup... Soup is not a meal" Naruto replied but he saw Akimi was not going to relent. "Ah fine, come on lets see what meat we have in this place, we'll make a stir fry" he sighed slightly upset he wouldn't be getting any ramen, but happy to be back laughing with the dark haired kunoichi.

Akimi nodded and went to the closest cupboard and removed a large wok. "Here you go, I'll fetch the vegetables while you get the meat" she said happily.

"Sure thing" Naruto said calmly opening the fridge. 'So is this what it's like to have a girlfriend? Don't couples usually do thing's or go on dates, this is great but what if Akimi-chan want's more' he thought tentatively. He quickly made up his mind and forgetting the meat for a second turned back to where the kunoichi was collecting the other ingredients. "Ah Akimi-chan?"

"Yes?" she replied quickly looking over to the blond.

"Well i was just wondering if, tomorrow you would like to go out for dinner with me in one of the nearby towns rather than cook?" he said hesitantly.